Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

[​IMG]

2. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Yes, this thread has grown ridicurous. I am not sure what the point is of posting every single time you smoke a cigar, especially since 2 times out of 3 it's the same cigar you smoked last week. May as well post every time you take a shit.

The reviews are a joke, too. "Good spice, nice burn, lasted a long time. One of my favourite smokes. Under $10." [​IMG]

I think most of us take photos of maybe 1/10 of what we smoke. At least I do. And who is tagging them as reviews?

3. ama

ama Senior member

Good God man, the multi-quote button, the multi-quote button.. you are as bad as srivats in the shoe threads.. [​IMG]

You're right, usually I am pretty good about it. Just wasn't thinking so clearly last night. Promise I'm not trying to work on my post count or anything. [​IMG]

p.s. See what I did here?

Yes, this thread has grown ridicurous. I am not sure what the point is of posting every single time you smoke a cigar, especially since 2 times out of 3 it's the same cigar you smoked last week. May as well post every time you take a shit.

The reviews are a joke, too. "Good spice, nice burn, lasted a long time. One of my favourite smokes. Under $10." [​IMG]

I believe if you look in the Health and Body sub-forum there is a different thread for shit taking. I'd rather not crap up this thread by acting like a crotchety old man and starting arguments based on false premises with EVERY OTHER FUCKING PERSON WHO POSTS IN THE THREAD. Some people (see: holymadness) seem to like to do that, but honestly, it wears a little thin.

had a 601 Habano (Red) robusto.

Ok spice, good burn, little discernible flavor, hollow draw. probably not worth another shot. brought to you from Stall #3 of my office bathroom.

I think the fan must have been over stall #3, try on out of stall #4, you'll get a better sense of the aromas.

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

fcuknu,

just saw your post a few pages back. Yup, only $13 and some change. Thought it was too good to pass up figuring any Opus in MI is $19+.

I haven't had one yet, been meaning to. Definitely tonight since I have some friends coming over to relax on my patio.

5. DNW

DNW Senior member

If a lot of the guys aren't cigar smokers, I'd go with some Padron 3000s or any x000 series. Pretty much my go to cigar to give out to people who normally don't smoke.

One step up and something that i've been a big fan of lately are Arturo Fuente Sun Grown Queen Bs. Should be pleasing to all. Not an overpowering smoke by any means. Almost a sweet flavor. Maybe go with the King T Tubo in case you guys need/want to carry them around. Haven't had the tubo, but same line and blend. I hear they are slightly more refined than the Queen B.

Thanks. I'll keep this in mind when I visit my local smoke shop.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

If it's ok by holymadness I'm reporting that I had an rp decade limited edition gifted by ama.

Good spice at the start with darkcocoa and coffee. Middle brings in a woody flavor. End brings back the cocoa and coffee. Would be great after a rich dessert and coffee. Not typically a fan of decades but this one is really good. Reporting via iPhone on my patio and not from stall #3.

7. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

I ordered some cigars from New Havana Cigars, they've got a great site. They included 2 free samples of their house cigars (made by Pete Johnson). I had one tonight, the one with the habano wrapper, and it was pretty good. I wouldn't say great, but it was solid. They work out to 4.50 a stick when you buy a box. I have a reserva ready for tomorrow, it has a broadleaf wrapper (my favorite).

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

Started off with an oliva O double toro monster and it was quite good I was surprised. I will definitely pick up a couple more probably my next fav next to the v maduro.

Met a very nice gentleman with a travel bag full of cubans and he gifted me an 02 lgc medal del oro #3 I think it was (same one p4 sent me which i haven't smoked yet) and a dec 09 petit edmundo. Had the lgc and man that packed a punch! Very strong nutmeg flavor which got decidedly smoother as I smoked it, enjoyed it as well. He was smoking a 98 bolivar lonsdale looking one I forgot the name and his buddy was smoking a che which was a custom blend. He also smoked a diplomatico 4 I think it was.

Will smoke the petit this weekend.

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

RyJ Cedros de luxe no.2
    Nice cigar. Brilliant construction, nice ash. Complex flavor. Not exactly what I would call the "best" flavor, but certainly complex.

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Back on the wagon, kwilk?

11. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Back on the wagon, kwilk?

Never got off. But after my Fauxhiba embarrassment, I just stopped posting about it! [​IMG]

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Haha. True that. You live the life. Good food wine and cigars.

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Haha. True that. You live the life. Good food wine and cigars, and a lot of debt.
    True true.

If I had a working knowledge of great bags, I'd be you. [​IMG]

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Having an Alec Bradley tempus gifted by ama. I really like these. Can't believe I haven't tried one yet. Will be getting more.

15. ama

ama Senior member

I ordered some cigars from New Havana Cigars, they've got a great site. They included 2 free samples of their house cigars (made by Pete Johnson). I had one tonight, the one with the habano wrapper, and it was pretty good. I wouldn't say great, but it was solid. They work out to 4.50 a stick when you buy a box. I have a reserva ready for tomorrow, it has a broadleaf wrapper (my favorite).

How was the reserve? I also love boradleaf.