Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I know. Blows dude. I checked my past receipts and they raised prices about 20 euros. Funny that the euro went from 1.40 to 1.20 too. Booooooo

2. ama

ama Senior member

Really only 13? The cheapest I've seen them around here is 25. And don't worry about it, it's not your fault, maybe my expectations were too high, plus you've been through enough these playoffs [​IMG]. It just seems poorly balanced and the burn has been horrid, had to retouch it 4 or 5 times. how have the ones you've smoked been?

Fresh Opuses can be spotty. It doesn't seem like the tobacco is well aged in them.

3. pitboss12

pitboss12 Senior member

I jumped on the RP Torpedo deal @ CI that JohnGalt mentioned and got them in today. I didn't have time for anything except a Partagas Purito. I think they're great for a quick smoke.

4. ama

ama Senior member

[​IMG] ama: Oh hai Mr. Don Pepin Garcia, blender and roller of numerous cigars often characterized by their spicy first thirds that often mellow and integrate into complex and enjoyable cigars as they progress. Don Pepin: Hai, would you like to try my newest cigar? Its called a La Reloba. It has a clumpy looking Sumatra wrapper on it. ama: Umm, I don't know Mr. Garcia, that cigar looks pretty clumpy... Don Pepin: Just try it. ama: *Shrugs and lights it* Definitely getting the the pepper here, not much else though and it kind of tastes like ammonia. You sure these are ready? Don Pepin: Yes, keep smoking, they are delicious. ama: *Shrugs, smokes through half* Uhhhh, Mr. Pepin, this tastes only of pepper and ammonia, this cigar can't be ready. Don Pepin: But it is burning so beautifully, no touchups at all! And it is producing so much smoke, delightful! ama: It tastes terrible though, like spicy cleaning solution Don Pepin: Hmmm, well maybe this isn't the cigar for you, tomorrow you'll try the Habano wrapped version. ama: Goodie, can't wait...[​IMG]

5. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

who knew Pepin spoke english

6. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

^^^^ damn dude. nice haul. Did you get a dupont like jet. makes you a balla like him.
    Actually yes. I did. Matte black maxijet. edit: I wanted a gatsby or a ligne 2, but I can't justify spending that much. :-/

7. ama

ama Senior member

who knew Pepin spoke english

[​IMG]

8. Krish the Fish

Btw, I forgot. Also scored a box of CAO Mx2 rob's for under $80 including shipping. Gotta love bid.

One of my favorite smokes. Can't get enough. I think the size is perfect too. I didn't really enjoy the Toro's nearly as much as the Robusto's... I think it's my favorite of the CAO line up, followed closely by the Brazilia.

9. Krish the Fish

Actually yes. I did. Matte black maxijet.

edit: I wanted a gatsby or a ligne 2, but I can't justify spending that much. :-/

Fucking bullshit. The stupid FedEx homo deliveryman thought it was "too unsafe" to leave my package at my front door, even though they do it week in and week out. Now I have to go all the way across down to pick up my package. Ridiculous. [​IMG] I want my lighter!

10. ama

ama Senior member

Fucking bullshit. The stupid FedEx homo deliveryman thought it was "too unsafe" to leave my package at my front door, even though they do it week in and week out. Now I have to go all the way across down to pick up my package. Ridiculous. [​IMG] I want my lighter!

Wow, that's a lot of rage over a lighter. You sure the FedEx man was gay?

11. Krish the Fish

Wow, that's a lot of rage over a lighter. You sure the FedEx man was gay?

lol I had to vent somehow. It was early in the morning, and most of the rage is a result of my apartment's doorbell not working (i've been home both times he tried to deliver), to no avail. I've had to pick up packages for the past 3 weeks. It's been ridiculous.

It isn't the lighter, it's just that this has been a long ways coming. Mostly, I'm angry at my landlord for being douchy and not fixing my doorbell (it's one of those newfangled wireless ones... i'm pretty sure there are batteries dead somewhere. probably the button part), causing me to have to pick up all my shit, which is a solid 20 minute drive for UPS & FedEx.

12. Skydiver Nick

Skydiver Nick Well-Known Member

Smoked a Diplomaticos Habana #2 Torpedo yesterday, good smoke!

13. Gewehr

Gewehr Senior member

Do any of you guys have experience with cuban crafters?

14. ama

ama Senior member

[​IMG]

ama: Oh crap, Don Pepin is coming, I better hide!
    Don Pepin: Hiiiii ama
    ama: Crap, he saw me...Hi Don.
    Don Pepin: I have the La Reloba Habano for you to try today.
    ama: Yipee. Looks nicer than the Sumatra though.
    ama: *Lights cigar and takes a few puffs* Umm, hey Don, there isn't any pepper in this... You sure you blended this? In fact, I don't really taste anything at all. Say, I think its plugged. I'm tossing it.
    Don Pepin: Here is another one, try this one.
    ama: Well this one isn't plugged but the draw is really tight and the wrapper just split.
    Don Pepin: But how does it taste?
    ama: It doesn't have any taste Don, just a tinge of ammonia.
    Don Pepin: Yes! Its very light isn't it.
    ama: Yes...I guess you could call it that, it doesn't taste like anything.
    Don Pepin: Try it with coffee.
    ama: *shrugs, makes espresso* Tastes like coffee now, I mean the cigar tastes like nothing, but the coffee is pretty good.
    Don Pepin: The perfect morning cigar!
    ama: :roma:

15. ama

ama Senior member

[​IMG]

After two Pepin disasters in the past two days I decided to treat myself to something good courtesy of bduce. Absolutely delightful! Perfect burn and great draw. Flavor wise, it was creamy with coffee, some nuts and ceder. Seemed to get sweeter as it progressed. Also, the Cuban "twang" was very pronounced in this cigar, much different than the aftertaste of a NC. Maybe its all the delicious tobacco beetle larvae. [​IMG] Very very impressive. This was the only one of these I've ever had, but I think I am a big fan.