Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Just bought a box of Liga Privada No. 9 robustos, and a box of LFD DL-660 Maduros... I'm pretty stoked.

I can't wait for my lighter to come so I can actually smoke... matches don't cut it in the wind.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

^^^^ damn dude. nice haul. Did you get a dupont like jet. makes you a balla like him.

long day today. LFD single oscuro 500
    [​IMG]

ama, i'm going to light up an opus shark tonight or tomorrow.

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Its called the 7 20 4, try it out, youll like it, great wrapper on it.

I know you like Illusione, so try out the nosotros, its up your alley.

Pepins son Jamie has a new cigar out thats pretty solid. Its called the Reserva Especial. If you like the My Father, youll love this. I think its better

Cool, will try.. lol at the picture of the building in Manchester, NH in the link you posted.. There are dozens of identical buildings in Manchester, takes me back...

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

jeezus b i never seen 500s for sale hahaa, been smokin 300s since the shop doesn't carry 400s

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

My store is the opposite. Lots of 500s and 600s. Sold out of the smaller rings. 500 was good. Think the 300 is the sweet spot though.

Having my second mag 50 from my box

6. ama

ama Senior member

I'm being a good boy and letting my cigars acclimate for a week before try them. Not easy... They look and smell so rich.

How are the Mag 50s? That is one of the cigars I am thinking of picking up along with a Cohiba of some sort and a Party of some sort.

My store is the opposite. Lots of 500s and 600s. Sold out of the smaller rings. 500 was good. Think the 300 is the sweet spot though.

Having my second mag 50 from my box

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I'll send you some if you like my pm. I didn't include them at first but shouldve. They are very good. First one I shouldve let sit longer. Good flavor profile. You will like.

8. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

I'm in washington square park now smoking an opus shark from b. I'm about a third in and I'm not impressed. The burn has been poor, although draw is good. I'm not crazy about the wrapper, but I've never been a huge fan of it in the first place. It's actually a little bland for me. I think if this was a 7-15 dollar cigar it would be solid, but for what it costs, not impressed. Maybe i should smoke the entire cigar before I pan it... I'll report back if anything changes.

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Damn. Sorry to hear. Ill make it up to you soon.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

I will be copping mad cigars once the euro reached 1:1.

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I was gonna do the same but they having been raising the euro price to counteract. Buuuulllshiiit

12. ama

ama Senior member

I'll send you some if you like my pm. I didn't include them at first but shouldve. They are very good. First one I shouldve let sit longer. Good flavor profile. You will like.

[​IMG] You're the man!

I'm in washington square park now smoking an opus shark from b. I'm about a third in and I'm not impressed. The burn has been poor, although draw is good. I'm not crazy about the wrapper, but I've never been a huge fan of it in the first place. It's actually a little bland for me. I think if this was a 7-15 dollar cigar it would be solid, but for what it costs, not impressed. Maybe i should smoke the entire cigar before I pan it... I'll report back if anything changes.

That is unfortunate, but in 2 - 5 years these ought to be world class.

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

And good thing I paid right around $13 for em.

Going into the last third of the mag. Fantastic so far. Will only get better with age. First hits you with spice and cedar but Mellows into a creamy honeyish flavor the rest of the way. Cedar remains throughout. Points taken off for not being very complex but even being this young, it's good. Produces ridiculous amounts of smoke.

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

I was gonna do the same but they having been raising the euro price to counteract. Buuuulllshiiit

I just checked the site and you're right what a bunch of bs. I love how they charge in euros but because the majority of their customers are in the US they jack up the price even though it's costing them the same.

15. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

And good thing I paid right around $13 for em.

Going into the last third of the mag. Fantastic so far. Will only get better with age. First hits you with spice and cedar but Mellows into a creamy honeyish flavor the rest of the way. Cedar remains throughout. Points taken off for not being very complex but even being this young, it's good. Produces ridiculous amounts of smoke.

Really only 13? The cheapest I've seen them around here is 25. And don't worry about it, it's not your fault, maybe my expectations were too high, plus you've been through enough these playoffs [​IMG]. It just seems poorly balanced and the burn has been horrid, had to retouch it 4 or 5 times. how have the ones you've smoked been?