1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i paid $100 for mine last year. Going for $110-$115 these days at the site I go to.

2. ErnestoG.

ErnestoG. Senior member

i just got a box of the feb 10's for 120ish online

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Fuente Hemingway Between the Lines
    [​IMG]

Very interesting cigar. I received this in a trade a while back. Until I saw these in my local shop, I had no idea the price tag these command. In MI, they are about $19-20. Online $35. What the fuck. Too steep if you ask me, but whatever, I didn't pay nearly that much for what I traded.

The tip of it tasted like a caramel coffee. Nice start. Once the burn hit the bulb, i guess if that's what you want to call it, a lot of toasted flavors came into play. the sweetness left, but the coffee flavor remained. There was a hint of some spice on the exhale and scent of the smoke, but i couldn't figure it out. Towards the middle I started to get a hay flavor/scent. Not my favorite. That last about a .5" or so and back to toasted flavors, which remained until the end.

Overall, not bad if it was a gift or I could get one around MSRP of $11-12, but to think people pay $20+ is ridiculous and a big [​IMG] . I'd take any Opus or Anejo over this. Not sure of the validity of this but there is supposedly only 2500 produced a year, making it pretty rare. I would buy a couple again closer to MSRP for the novelty of them, but they definitely aren't mind blowing.

[​IMG]

4. ama

ama Senior member

Fuente Hemingway Between the Lines
    [​IMG]

Very interesting cigar. I received this in a trade a while back. Until I saw these in my local shop, I had no idea the price tag these command. In MI, they are about $19-20. Online $35. What the fuck. Too steep if you ask me, but whatever, I didn't pay nearly that much for what I traded.

The tip of it tasted like a caramel coffee. Nice start. Once the burn hit the bulb, i guess if that's what you want to call it, a lot of toasted flavors came into play. the sweetness left, but the coffee flavor remained. There was a hint of some spice on the exhale and scent of the smoke, but i couldn't figure it out. Towards the middle I started to get a hay flavor/scent. Not my favorite. That last about a .5" or so and back to toasted flavors, which remained until the end.

Overall, not bad if it was a gift or I could get one around MSRP of $11-12, but to think people pay $20+ is ridiculous and a big [​IMG] . I'd take any Opus or Anejo over this. Not sure of the validity of this but there is supposedly only 2500 produced a year, making it pretty rare. I would buy a couple again closer to MSRP for the novelty of them, but they definitely aren't mind blowing.

[​IMG]

These are in no way shape or form worth the price. They are, however, much better with some age on them.

5. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

You say that about every cigar.

6. ama

ama Senior member

You say that about every cigar.

I'm going to go ahead and correct you here. I say that about most Dominican cigars because I don't like the taste of fresh ones that much. Nicaraguan tobacco tastes much better fresh to me.

Oh, and before you run around collecting a seemingly damning smattering of quotes allow me to save you the trouble. I'm sure I have said that an occasional Nicaraguan needs more time, but for the most part I think that Dominicans need more time, not Nicaraguans.

7. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

[​IMG]

It is a flamboyant looking one, I'll give you that.

8. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Theyre so expensive because they are very hard to make. A perfecto is one of the hardest vitolas to make, and add a barbor poll to that it becomes very dificult. The fact that they are hard to make means they only make a few, meaning they can demand more $$. Its good, but I agree 14-15 max.

9. ACDoyle

ACDoyle Senior member

Phatash is having a 25% sale today and tomorrow, thinking of picking up some Viajes.
    Code LD25

They carry Viaje Oro, Platino and Fifty/Fifty. Which should I get as I do have preferences towards full bodied cigars.

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

wow. sweet deal there. box of viaje oros for $102. [​IMG]

11. ama

ama Senior member

Phatash is having a 25% sale today and tomorrow, thinking of picking up some Viajes.
    Code LD25

They carry Viaje Oro, Platino and Fifty/Fifty. Which should I get as I do have preferences towards full bodied cigars.

Oro or Fifty-fifty

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

i paid $100 for mine last year. Going for $110-$115 these days at the site I go to.

i just got a box of the feb 10's for 120ish online

[​IMG] this country's import tariffs. On the bright side, this country is about to give me one of their passports and I'll be able to travel to Cuba freely soon. [​IMG]

13. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Where do you live?

14. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Smoking my first LGC in a while, '02 #3. Skinny vitola...not for nub lovers. Might go on a rampage picking up a few more boxes of 02s while they are still around afterward.

15. jet

jet Senior member

I think I have one of those, taste like nutmeg iirc.

Had a cohiba robusto with some scotch earlier, no better way to spend a lazy holiday monday.

16. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Where do you live?

Korea. We have plenty of cc's but I guess I can say now that they're wildly expensive. Most stuff here is, though.

17. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Nutmeg, honey, light spice...I ended up ordering four boxes of this under appreciated smoke since they have been selling out everywhere. Like the MRN book says, it's very tolerant of bad smoking technique for such a small ring gauge. Smoked down to 1/2".

Working on an '02 Partagas Corona now as a night cap.

18. Nadim

Nadim Active Member

Had the pleasure to have a H. Upmann Corona a few days ago. Very good little cigar. Excellent for a Dominican.

19. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Had the pleasure to have a H. Upmann Corona a few days ago. Very good little cigar. Excellent for a Dominican.

[​IMG]

If you want a good Dominican, try an A. Fuente Anejo, Opus X, or anything by La Flor Dominicana (minus the Air Bender [​IMG] [​IMG] ). Those are just the ones I can think of at this hour & in this state.

[​IMG]

20. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Korea. We have plenty of cc's but I guess I can say now that they're wildly expensive. Most stuff here is, though.

PMd