1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. TobinMarcus

TobinMarcus Active Member

I actually think the best cigar for the money is the Ashton Aged Maduro Pyramid.

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I really wanted to try out the DL Chisel at first..but I had an empty stomach and it was sold out. I gotta try out some Viaje soon [​IMG]

the DLs are great. the air benders just taste off to me.

let me know if you want to try some of the rare viajes.

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Surprised. I usually love La Riqueza cigars. Smoking a No. 2 Beli right now and not a fran one bit. Harsh, even acrid. Anybody else have this experience?

4. ama

ama Senior member

Surprised. I usually love La Riqueza cigars. Smoking a No. 2 Beli right now and not a fran one bit. Harsh, even acrid. Anybody else have this experience?

Yes, I had a #2 last week or maybe the week before that tasted very dry and harsh. I used to like that cigar a lot more than I do now. The last couple I had seemed a little off. I hear the ones in the cabs that aren't box pressed are much better, but I've yet to try those.

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i have a 5 pack of those. first 2 were horrendous. 3rd one was a lot better after sitting for 2 months or so.

having a late night my father le bijou petite.

6. jet

jet Senior member

Man so many good cigars on special.

Really need an aristocrat.

7. Willie5566

Willie5566 Senior member

I went with the El Bato first. I had it with my first Scotch and Cigar experience. The Glenlivet 12 was a lot better than the cigar. [​IMG]

I was not impressed with the El Bato. I struggled to get it lit and then had to re-light several times throughout. Here it was at it's prime:

[​IMG]

Even when it was firing on all cylinders it did not appeal to me. Hoping the CAO will perform better. If not, I have these guys waiting in the wings:

[​IMG]

8. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

I had a friend tell me that he had a great new cigar.... THE AIRBENDER. They are well known in these parts as, well, a piece of shit. He said he smoked the lancero. Anyone have experience with it? I smoked some big ass 55 gauge piece of shit.

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I had a friend tell me that he had a great new cigar.... THE AIRBENDER. They are well known in these parts as, well, a piece of shit. He said he smoked the lancero. Anyone have experience with it? I smoked some big ass 55 gauge piece of shit.

[​IMG]

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

All Star Weekend - End of Summer Get Together in northern MI with my friends.

Packing:

Dracs
    Boris
    Anejo Shark
    CoRo
    Mag 50

many many more. going to need a voice box by the end of the weekend.

11. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Had an 08 Punch DC today, little mild but nice flavor. Ordered some more Partagas 2010 ELs as well.

12. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Having a drac and gave my buddy a Boris. Gooooooood night

13. jet

jet Senior member

Met the usual crew tonight for some smokes down by the beach.

Started off with an 09 mag 50 which was very good. Did a puff puff pass on a punch diademis that was about 9 inches long (verified) and smoke some of an excellent excellent 97 quai d'orsay panetela. Damn that thing was nice. Also had some of my buddy's 09 duke which was great.

Was gifted a psd4 limitada, an old el rey dul mundo lonsdale and an upmann 2 since I'm running low on smokes.

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Early morning smoke

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

Just found my Xikar 009 punch in the laundry room of my parents' house. Win! (it was my favorite cutter. hopefully my Palio & first Xtend will show up too...)

16. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

17. jet

jet Senior member

Smoked a fonseca benelux which was promising but a bit young and soapy tasting and had a fantastic corona especial that finished much too fast.

18. BlackBrumel

BlackBrumel Senior member

I recently found some Opus X's and purchased my limit. I can only find them about once every year or two, and when I find them I always buy as many as they will let me/I can afford.

What cigars do you like that are on par, or close to being on par, with Opus X's? There must be something more readily available that resembles these great cigars. The guy who sold them to me suggested that there are others out there, particularly the Padron 1964 Anniversary, that are readily available and cheaper than an Opus X. Has anyone tried these and if so what are your thoughts? What else do you like?

My prefered is the obvious Cohiba robusto. Nevertheless, I usually smoke the brazilian Dona Flor robusto.

19. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Smoke a 07 upmann no2 today. I got 06 RyJ Cazzadores, My Father Le Bijou 1922, and Anejo 46 line up this week.

20. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Corona Especiales are indeed fantastic...I have smoked through a box this year of 08s. Can't wait to see how they smoke with a bunch of age. PL Asian RE Robusto '07 now after doing some work...one of the better regionals, nice caramel/bread/toasted tobacco character. Warren, how was the 07 Upmann 2? I have a box of Jan 08s that I have not cracked yet. Smoked a couple 08 singles that were incredible, 08 Upmann's all seem to be terrific across the lineup.
    had a fantastic corona especial that finished much too fast.