1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I read a lot of mixed reviews. I had a couple, I would definetly let them sleep for a while.
    How much does it cost?
    Uhh somebody gift me a few. My B&M is selling the Cameroon version for around $8 bucks.

2. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

are you ChemE? anyhow, celebration - viaje - anejo = padron 45th maduro or davidoff maduro robusto.

no not chemE. Biology/Pre-Med. I ended up going with a La VÃ[​IMG]ritÃ[​IMG] again (great smoke, but again, will be phenomenal with age.)

2 more years till I hit Med School at Ohio State, then the fun begins.

3. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Mine is feb 09. I have another aug 09 that I don't touch now. It's awful. This first box is decent now.

4. ama

ama Senior member

going to the b&m tonight, any recommendations? (they don't have any viajes or anejos. [​IMG]) It could be a celebratory smoke, since I found out I did much better than anticipated in my 4-week intensive semester of ochem 2. Any recommendations are appreciated.

BTW @lovewife, Hemingways are ~$10 these days, with the maduro wrapped ones being about $7-9 more per stick. at least, that's what they look like in Ohio where I am. YMMV.

Congrats!

On a side note, there is something wrong with your B&M. The maduro Hemigways have a MSRP $1 above the regular line. They are taking you for a ride on those. What are Opus prices like over there?

5. Krish the Fish

Krish the Fish Senior member

The Opuses are standard pricing + tax (they're an Opus authorized dealer or some BS like that, so they can't gauge on those). So the Belis are $12.xx, and the Petit Lanc & Fuente Fuente are $14.xx... I also checked the prices on them as soon as I got there, and I was mistaken. They were around $12-ish, give or take a couple of dollars, for the maduros. My bad!

6. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

Smoke an Illusione 888 today. It was a great cigar. Really wasn't spicy at first, it was real smooth. I taste a hint of spice as I finish the 1/3. 2/3 I get some nice chocolate and I want to said earthy. Honestly I wasn't paying attention to the last third. The burn wasn't pretty at first, but after a few puffs...it was razor sharp. I got a 20 min commute this semester. I'm looking forward to light up a Partagas Short. [​IMG]

7. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

I don't think I've had an 888. I really like mj12. The robusto,88?, was mehh.

What a few days its been. Need a fine cigar and big pour of bourbon and it's barely lunch.

8. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

deuce - what were you recommending to me the other night on xbl?

how'd you like the padron 44?

9. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

never got to it. perhaps tonight since it is absolutely ideal out right now. 75F and sunny.

Viaje. pretty limited shit, so PM me your addy and i'll send you a couple. they are delicious. the ones myself and ama have were (sold out) only available in 5 stores. i don't think any were in NY

10. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

never got to it. perhaps tonight since it is absolutely ideal out right now. 75F and sunny.

Viaje. pretty limited shit, so PM me your addy and i'll send you a couple. they are delicious. the ones myself and ama have were (sold out) only available in 5 stores. i don't think any were in NY

75 and sunny is perfect - get out there while you can. it's shitty here - hopefully it will clear up for the weekend.

I'll look forward to the Viaje, thanks man [​IMG]

11. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

not problem. why did i think you lived in new york?

12. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

dunno - maybe because we're always talking about ny on xbl? shit all gets jumbled up anyway

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

probably. anyhow, i'll get these out asap. i'm going to send a couple different kinds and both are ridiculously good.

14. Warren G.

Warren G. Senior member

I haven't try out the mj12 yet. A lot of people seem to prefer the 88 over the mj12. I order some mj12 and 88...so I'll see. I got a Brick House robusto line up for tomorrow. It's been sitting in my humidor for a while now. The first few I had a while back was solid. Also got a Hupmann No 2 for this Sunday.

I don't think I've had an 888. I really like mj12. The robusto,88?, was mehh.

What a few days its been. Need a fine cigar and big pour of bourbon and it's barely lunch.

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i like the 2 and the MJ12 the most. the 88 was ok. i will buy more and sit on them. i didn't really give it a proper chance since it was smoked during 18 holes of golf.

the epernay le ferme is great. recommend trying those as well. tad lighter than the regular line.

i have yet to try a nosotros.

16. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Cracked a cab of 07 Bolivar Coronas Extra tonight...stilll available at some places. Amazing cigar. Can't recommend enough for Bolivar fans.

17. jet

jet Senior member

^Are these the ones I tried J?

18. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

fan-fucking-tastic. need to smoke another 1-2 to really hone in the flavors.
    [​IMG]

19. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

fan-fucking-tastic. need to smoke another 1-2 to really hone in the flavors.
    [​IMG]

that looks like a sexy beast. i t hink i may have to pick one up. my local retailer always has an excellent padron supply

20. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Think so, yes.

^Are these the ones I tried J?