Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I am a big fan of the Padron natural cigars. For their price point, I think they are the best cigars you can buy in most stores.

I have yet to try one of the more expensive cigars but will likely pick one up for a special occasion.

I am coming close to agreeing with you on the Padron naturals being among the best in the $5 price range but have recently had some fantastic smokes, including CAO La Traviata robusto, Brickhouse, and Casa Magna, that at least give them a run for their money, although these are all very different cigars. In a pinch, I might even take the CAO over the Padron, but I've had so many Padrons over the last couple of years, it may just be fatigue..

2. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Tried an 80 year padron anni the other day and really, really liked it. A lot of blueberry flavour and the actual smell coming off the foot was great! I just kept on smelling it between draws, lol. Don't know about paying 30 bucks for it though... Oh, an whoever asked about RASCCs should definitely get some if he enjoys the RA profile. They've got more kick than RASS, but are a great ~45 minute smoke.
    I might have to try an 80. That's a lot of money for one cigar. Did you have a natural or maduro?

3. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

43 degrees and rain=smoking outside fail. I tossed a Romeo Duke halfway, was not nearly as good as the first couple I smoked.

4. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

40/44/45/80 are great cigars, but of course not with 30 bucks. I think the 40 is the best of all of them and I think the natural has the most balance.

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i'll probably save my money or would rather pick up some Siglo VIs for $10 less.

my 601 sample pack has been resting for a couple weeks, so i might fire one of the colors up tonight. i know little about them, but they were a good deal on cbid. the blue looks most up my alley being a maduro wrapper and it was also a top 25 cigar according to CA, not that i really care about their ratings. also a cubao robusto was thrown in on the sampler as well.

6. ama

ama Senior member

40/44/45/80 are great cigars, but of course not with 30 bucks. I think the 40 is the best of all of them and I think the natural has the most balance.

[​IMG]

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Did I make a mistake picking up the little hammer or what?

8. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

pretty sure you can't go wrong with any of them

9. jet

jet Persian Bro

I was kidding [​IMG]

You sure have upped your post count you're leaving me in the dust with your 10 a page [​IMG]

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

i only hope to one day have as much e-cred as you.

when are you sparking up the 45th? i'm interested to know what you think of it. maduro or natural?

11. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Im still kicking all yalls asses. I say go for the natural, but you cant go wrong.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

^will try the natural too they just cost too much ain't ballin

i only hope to one day have as much e-cred as you.

when are you sparking up the 45th? i'm interested to know what you think of it. maduro or natural?

You will never amass the quotes I have sigged. Won't be for awhile probably a bday smoke in a couple months.

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

you need a new rival in this forum. never been the same since you and socal stopped sparring.

maybe uncontrol or xenox

14. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

I might have to try an 80. That's a lot of money for one cigar. Did you have a natural or maduro?

I had an 80 some time ago just to give it a shot. Long story short, nice smoke, not worth the money.

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

ironically, one of the last times we played CoD, i was enjoying an PAM 64 in between re-spawns.