Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Ya know, with all the Padillas Ive smoked I dont think Ive had the Miami. Ive read all about it, but never tried it. Is it better than the 32?

Man, that is a VERY tough question. I have had Miamis that were amazing cigars, perfect amounts of smoke, great earthy flavor with just a touch of white pepper, but then again, the 1932 is a damn fine cigar. I'd give the edge to the 1932, just slightly. If this were the red-banded, Pepin Miami, then I would have to give it to the Miami, but of the new blends, I'd have to go with the 1932 if my plane was hurtling from the sky and I could only smoke one Padilla..

2. Gunboat

Gunboat Member

I just finished a Casa Magna Colorado per fcuknu's suggestion. I very much enjoyed it. Flavors alternated between milder cedary(?) notes and darker roasty notes with a nice tobacco tang running through it. Thanks for the recommendation!

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

I just finished a Casa Magna Colorado per fcuknu's suggestion. I very much enjoyed it. Flavors alternated between milder cedary(?) notes and darker roasty notes with a nice tobacco tang running through it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Very good cigar, and hard to beat at that price. Brickhouse is another in that price range that is consistently terrific.

Having an Illusione 888 right now. Have smoked a ton of Illusiones but never one of these. Decent cigar, but I prefer my MJ12.

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Just got to the last third of that 888 and man, talk about an abrupt change in flavor, this a damn fine cigar..

5. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

what a nice day today in MI. I sparked up another cigar gifted by Gnatty. This time it was an Illusione 2.

This is one seriously good cigar. Gnatty, you are right that it is more powerful than the MJ12. The first 1/3 packs some big time punch, but mellowed out after that. It's a very complex smoke and I can't quite put my finger on all the flavors. I can taste some dark chocolate, leather. There is some spice towards the end. All together, it is a very nice well-balanced smoke. So nice, that I just called my local store and reserved a box.

[​IMG]

6. ama

ama Senior member

Padron 3000 Maduro

[​IMG]

Wonderful maduro, great sweetness and draw. Smokes more expensive than its price point.

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

what a nice day today in MI. I sparked up another cigar gifted by Gnatty. This time it was an Illusione 2.

This is one seriously good cigar. Gnatty, you are right that it is more powerful than the MJ12. The first 1/3 packs some big time punch, but mellowed out after that. It's a very complex smoke and I can't quite put my finger on all the flavors. I can taste some dark chocolate, leather. There is some spice towards the end. All together, it is a very nice well-balanced smoke. So nice, that I just called my local store and reserved a box.

Fantastic to hear, I've made another convert.. [​IMG]

Those are very underrated cigars, easily one of my favorites for enjoying the good weather..

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

You guys are bastards [​IMG]

9. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

I'm going to Cuba in a couple of weeks..what to kop cigar-wise?

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Convert indeed. It was really enjoyable. Thanks again

11. ama

ama Senior member

You guys are bastards [​IMG]

Get better soon. You sure its not allergies?

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Thanks man, ya it started with sore throat then cough, runny nose etc. I'm about 90% right now but I'm going to abstain from smoking until next weekend so I can be in 190% smoking form [​IMG]

13. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Yeah. Smoking when sick is the worst idea ever. Even the best cigar in the world will taste like a pile of dog shit.

14. Simon Templar

Simon Templar Senior member

Yeah. Smoking when sick is the worst idea ever. Even the best cigar in the world will taste like a pile of dog shit.

Not a good combination by any means.

15. nootje

nootje Senior member

strange, i found that those camacho triple maduro's and LFD double ligero's can clear out the sinuses pretty easy [​IMG]

no kidding, I tend to smoke through anything but the severest cold, but I do know I need cigars like the ones noted above to be able to taste anything.. At that point its probably more out of habit then for enjoyment..

and fwiw, smoked the 45y from padron and a 2004 god of fire between the regulars this weekend. The padron is amazing, but sadly i wanted more kick out of the cigar.. The GOF I will try again next weekend as I promised a friend of mine one, perhaps Ill try the don carlos edition myself..