Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

Let me know how you like it, and I will scour the B&M and usual online sources..
    An odd divergence of our palates, I actually like SC and make it a point to smoke one or 2 a month..

Done, see below.

Not mine, I'm not baller like that. I smoked my fair share of Cubans when I was overseas, but I don't go to trouble of getting them here. Haven't had a Cuban in about a year...

Enjoy the San Cristobal.

Haha thanks man, smoke it and while it wasn't a bad smoke I don't think I will be copping more. Loads of spice (sup gnatty) but pretty one dimensional and not much flavor. On the other hand my bro smoked the oliva maduro and I had some of it again to reaffirm that it is a fine cigar. I'd focus on this one guys, much more tasty and interesting not to mention pretty powerful. We agreed that a few of these in the humi will mellow it out and bring the flavors out more. Would hit again. LFD oscuro still my fav though at the moment.

2. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

[​IMG] become one of my favorite cigars, cabaiguan maduro

3. jerms24k

jerms24k Senior member

Just finished a 96 Los Statos Selectos and a 06 PL Panatela.

4. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

^pic?
    from www.cubancigarwebsite.com: [​IMG] edit: the ones I was talking about are these, the 2009 Italian regional release. I think the previous pic was a Diademas Extra, a now discontinued cigar wrapped in silver foil and re-released in some very very rare humidors.

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]
    become one of my favorite cigars, cabaiguan maduro

lol, I lit one of these about 5 minutes ago, first one I've had (although I've had a ton of the natural), and yeah, I like, more than most maduros.

6. mrmojorisin

mrmojorisin Well-Known Member

Yeah I did NOT get the diademas extra from MO. he has some strong prices. every once in a while, he has some good prices on some things.

7. jet

jet Persian Bro

Smoked the nestor miranda and it was really really nice, very well balanced and consistent nic taste. I need some of these in the humi.

8. stewartu

stewartu Senior member

Haven't ordered anything significant in a while, but placed a decent order yesterday...wait that's not entirely true, but I haven't bought more than one box at a time in almost a year. Anyways ordered some of those new Cohiba mini tins, and a few other random boxes I've been meaning to try. Also trying to get my hands in some aged stuff.

Curious. What did you order?

9. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

[​IMG] not bad for 7 bucks

10. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

[​IMG]
    not bad for 7 bucks

One of my favorite cigars at any price level right now.. the robusto weighs in at about 5 bucks, and it's terrific..

11. ama

ama Senior member

One of my favorite cigars at any price level right now.. the robusto weighs in at about 5 bucks, and it's terrific..

Fuente blend no?

12. jerms24k

jerms24k Senior member

Curious. What did you order?

PL Montecarlos, ERDM Demitasse, some SCDLH Oficios, RyJ Churchills, and probably something else, but I can't think of it off the top of my head.

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

Warmed up with a punch after dinner at the coffee shop last night then LFD single ligero at the tropicana pool side at the roosevelt last night. Lots of nice scantily clad talent last night I must say.

14. jerms24k

jerms24k Senior member

Warmed up with a punch after dinner at the coffee shop last night then LFD single ligero at the tropicana pool side at the roosevelt last night. Lots of nice scantily clad talent last night I must say.

Sounds like a great smoking spot. Maybe I'll have to check it out someday.

15. lyonnaisdecoeur

lyonnaisdecoeur Active Member

those cabaiguans are sooo good....the guapos is the best but the other lighter wraps are good too....makes me feel a little better than when i spend 30 on a padron 80th