Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

well it matters when the box was from. The box from the store could be 5 years old, 2 years old, or a month old.

2. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Just smoked a Padron 1926 #35 maduro - great smoke. One of those you smoke to the nub because you don't want to put it down!

3. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

well it matters when the box was from. The box from the store could be 5 years old, 2 years old, or a month old.

Oh, okay thanks. I probably should have checked that out, ha [​IMG]

Just smoked a Padron 1926 #35 maduro - great smoke. One of those you smoke to the nub because you don't want to put it down!

Nice! Mine was the natural, smoked it all the way down as well [​IMG]

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Was the 32 Padilla from the CI sale? The ones I got were SOOOOO dry. Ive had them in the humi for over a week and they still aren't ready.

No, this one was from my B&M.. Strange, but I am not terribly pissed since it's the first bad experience with the 1932 after smoking a couple dozen in the past couple of years, and they are generally great cigars.

gnatty, it's 72 again but we're going to get 3 days straight of rain so hopefully you'll feel better about that

Don't feel better about that at all, one of us enjoying some fine cigar-smoking weather is better than none of us.. [​IMG]

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Taking a couple of days off, so taking the time to catch up on some cigar smoking. Around noon had a La Riqueza petit robusto. Very good cigar, maybe one of my favorites in that size. Right now, Padilla Miami corono (new blend, not DPG) and sort of underwhelmed. The Miami robusto and torpedo are great, but this one is just not doing it. Still have some of the Pepin blended lanceros sitting in one of my humis, so may fire one up later tonight.

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

Been real busy lately......

I am absolutely in love with Oliva Vs. Wow. I am buying a box of the double robustos soon.

I am about 3 cigars into my box of the Vegas 5 Miami and can already say they are a world class smoke. Definitely a bargain for the quality and flavor. a must try for all cigar smokers.

Also.....got a ST Dupont Maxijet (Xtend) for Xmas. Best xmas gift ever.

7. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

What color did you get? My black one is on its last leg and I saw a chromed one.... yeah I cant do that... can I?

8. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Also.....got a ST Dupont Maxijet (Xtend) for Xmas. Best xmas gift ever.

I have one - they rock, enjoy it [​IMG] Just be sure to use good fuel. I like Vector.

9. Girardian

Girardian Senior member

On the recent topic of Especiales -- I enjoy both the 2 and the 1, but have a preference for the 1.

To my taste, the 2s tend more toward pleasant woodiness as they age, whereas the 1s can hit a spot with dutch cocoa flavors and a "sweeter" dryness.

I've had especiales going back to the 70s -- they age very well, although they become a much different cigar over time.

10. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

What color did you get? My black one is on its last leg and I saw a chromed one.... yeah I cant do that... can I?
    Slate Grey. It's a real nice color. wanted something a little different than black.

I have one - they rock, enjoy it [​IMG] Just be sure to use good fuel. I like Vector.
    what insert do you use? i tried using my can of vector and all it does is spray back at me.

11. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

Does yours have the matte finish? I think that's the color I have. One of the inserts works - you have to push down pretty hard to get a solid fit and it will spray back at first (I just re-filled Sat.)

12. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Slate Grey. It's a real nice color. wanted something a little different than black.

what insert do you use? i tried using my can of vector and all it does is spray back at me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gas-Refill-Adapt...#ht_4447wt_998

I just bought one of these

13. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Senior member

14. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

You have to request it after you win the auction. I bought some for my Gatsbys and Line2s, but Im pretty sure he makes some for the xTend too.

15. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

How many lighters do you have. Geeze.