Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Minkous

Minkous Senior member

Anyone here smoke small cigars? Recommendations? Pro's/ Con's? Someone recently gave me some Macanudo Cafe Ascot's, which coincidentally I have been wanting to try for when I don't have time to smoke a full cigar (like on my lunch break).

2. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

padron 35 is pretty good.

3. ACDoyle

ACDoyle Senior member

Anyone here smoke small cigars? Recommendations? Pro's/ Con's? Someone recently gave me some Macanudo Cafe Ascot's, which coincidentally I have been wanting to try for when I don't have time to smoke a full cigar (like on my lunch break).

dependin on how small you want, Rocky Patel Juniors in Sungrown and Vintage are pretty good for a 25min smoke

for a 30-45 min smoke Padron 1926 #35, '64 Principe, Tatuaje Noellas, Casa Magna Pikitos

there are numerous cuban options

4. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

The Nub 358 and 466 are supposed to be good small cigars. I have yet to try one though. I've heard the Camaroon wrappers are not very good; sort of bitter, IIRC.

5. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

6. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Senior member

been a while.....

padilla miami robusto...amazing as usual

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I had an intersting experience today, walked down the street in little havana in miami, looking at cigar stores. I think that most of them underhumidified their cigars - almost every cigar I touched in all but two stores was brittle to the touch.

8. dpatsil

dpatsil Senior member

I am a HUGE small cigar fan. Cuban: San Cristobal El Principe, Partagas Shorts (only in Cab 50), Ramon Allones Small Club Corona and Bolivar Corona Junior. I smoke 'em all. I also like Cuaba Divinos with some age on them. The Romeo y Julieta Tres Petit Corona in Cab 50's was a great cigar and the fucking cubans discontinued it. I give it my highest compliment when I describe it as "ball-draining." [​IMG]

I just got two boxes of the Ramon Allones Celestiales Finos from Asia and the cigars look great. They are going down for a long nap. I also ordered two boxes of the Bolivar Especiales from Germany that I'm waiting on.

9. cadillac37

cadillac37 Senior member

^Partagas Shorts really are fantastic.

10. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

11. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Dpat, did you watch the Youtube review from FoH of the RA Celestiales Finos or did you pick them up from Ravi? Apparently an ass-kickingly strong cigar in terms of nicotene. I'm looking forward to getting my box.

Also a small cigar that's worth mention is the (discontinued) Partagas Tres Petit Coronas...'99's are still around, great cigar that I actually smoked this afternoon.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

you dudes and your aged smokes are pissing me off

13. dpatsil

dpatsil Senior member

Dpat, did you watch the Youtube review from FoH of the RA Celestiales Finos or did you pick them up from Ravi? Apparently an ass-kickingly strong cigar in terms of nicotene. I'm looking forward to getting my box.

Also a small cigar that's worth mention is the (discontinued) Partagas Tres Petit Coronas...'99's are still around, great cigar that I actually smoked this afternoon.

+1 on the Party TPC. Shame they were discontinued.

On the RA's, I got 2 from Ravi and I'm on the waiting list for one from Cigar Czar. I did not see the You Tube review. Frankly, I don't put much stock in reviews of brand new cigars b/c they change so much in those first couple of years. I just lay 'em down and hope for the best after 4-5 years.

14. dpatsil

dpatsil Senior member

you dudes and your aged smokes are pissing me off

Dude, if you ever come to Chicago, we are going to raid my humidor for old, shitty cigars. I'll hook you up. I'm just too lazy to pack 'em up and ship 'em to you. You just need to let me know when you are coming.

15. jet

jet Persian Bro

^I know man just don't know when that's going to happen [​IMG]