1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Rocky Patel Decade. Ok smoke. My main impression is "oily."

u mean oily wrapper? cause thats a good thing...

2. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Rocky Patel Decade. Ok smoke. My main impression is "oily."

Your second impression should be creamy.. The Decade is a great smoke, particularly the torpedo and lancero. For some reason, these bastards seem to dry out, even in a humidor. Strangest thing.

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro Exclusivo
    As always, an amazing cigar. There is little else to be said.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

^baller

I may smoke my 1926 no 9 this weekend

had a dp blue label last night

5. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

I'm having something light atm (had no dinner yet and it's almost 10pm over here), a Bock y Ca Torpedo...like a fruit salad!

6. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

So about the only Gurkha I have ever liked was the Triple Ligero, having gone through many Gurkha samplers from CI. I picked up a Gurkha Estate Select tonight at my B&M and I must say, what a waste of 14 bucks. The thing has no draw to speak of, the flavor is blah, and the smoke, terribly mild. Doubt I will finish it, but I want to get further in, just in case it picks up some character. Have a Camacho Select for later tonight if this one's a write off.

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

^baller

I may smoke my 1926 no 9 this weekend

had a dp blue label last night

I keep meaning to buy one of these, but I always end up picking up the 1964 instead. Let me know how you find it.

DP Blue Label are always a fantastic smoke.

8. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

So about the only Gurkha I have ever liked was the Triple Ligero, having gone through many Gurkha samplers from CI. I picked up a Gurkha Estate Select tonight at my B&M and I must say, what a waste of 14 bucks. The thing has no draw to speak of, the flavor is blah, and the smoke, terribly mild. Doubt I will finish it, but I want to get further in, just in case it picks up some character. Have a Camacho Select for later tonight if this one's a write off.

We really must have the same exact pallet. I have always hated Gurkha for some reason. Maybe its because they suck, but also because they are so overpriced. Their marketing sucks a dick. Oh look at us, we make the most expensive cigars in the world, 6k a box, infused with Louis XIII cognac, how fancy. Give me a fucking break. They should spend more time creating better blends and less time on box design, but I guess to the more casual smoker they fill the bling/luxury hole in the market.

9. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

We really must have the same exact pallet. I have always hated Gurkha for some reason. Maybe its because they suck, but also because they are so overpriced. Their marketing sucks a dick. Oh look at us, we make the most expensive cigars in the world, 6k a box, infused with Louis XIII cognac, how fancy. Give me a fucking break. They should spend more time creating better blends and less time on box design, but I guess to the more casual smoker they fill the bling/luxury hole in the market.

I agree, on the palate and Gurkha being overpriced POS. True though, the marketing seems to work magic, creating a demand for shitty cigars, mainly from n0obs who wouldn't know a good cigar from a dog turd.

10. Big A

Big A Senior member

u mean oily wrapper? cause thats a good thing...

Yeah, I wasn't complaining. It burned a little hot, which made me think it was dried out, makes Gnatty's comments interesting

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Decided to save the Camacho for tomorrow. Having a Cabaiguan. Not sure of the vitola, but it's a small cigar, about the size of my index finger, and packed with flavor. What a difference.

12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Yeah, I wasn't complaining. It burned a little hot, which made me think it was dried out, makes Gnatty's comments interesting

I've found the best way to smoke a Decade is buy one right out of the B&M humi and smoke it same day.

13. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

A Camacho Select is the one cigar that almost made me throw up. Maybe I was just off that night but, the nicotene was too much for me.

14. Minkous

Minkous Senior member

I've found the best way to smoke a Decade is buy one right out of the B&M humi and smoke it same day.

Just got a sampler pack from CI the other day and had the Decade on the porch with a glass of Irish Creme Liquor this evening. I wasn't impressed until i got 2/3 of the way thru it then I tried to make it last as long as possible. It was a really great cigar but i still prefer Rocky Patel's "THE EDGE" to the decade. [​IMG]

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

A Camacho Select is the one cigar that almost made me throw up. Maybe I was just off that night but, the nicotene was too much for me.

Smoking mine now. This is a man's cigar, to say the least.. Not unpleasant though.