Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

Rocky Patel Decade. Ok smoke. My main impression is "oily."

u mean oily wrapper? cause thats a good thing...

2. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Rocky Patel Decade. Ok smoke. My main impression is "oily."

Your second impression should be creamy.. The Decade is a great smoke, particularly the torpedo and lancero. For some reason, these bastards seem to dry out, even in a humidor. Strangest thing.

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Padron 1964 Anniversary Maduro Exclusivo
    As always, an amazing cigar. There is little else to be said.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

^baller

I may smoke my 1926 no 9 this weekend

had a dp blue label last night

5. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

I'm having something light atm (had no dinner yet and it's almost 10pm over here), a Bock y Ca Torpedo...like a fruit salad!

6. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

So about the only Gurkha I have ever liked was the Triple Ligero, having gone through many Gurkha samplers from CI. I picked up a Gurkha Estate Select tonight at my B&M and I must say, what a waste of 14 bucks. The thing has no draw to speak of, the flavor is blah, and the smoke, terribly mild. Doubt I will finish it, but I want to get further in, just in case it picks up some character. Have a Camacho Select for later tonight if this one's a write off.

7. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

^baller

I may smoke my 1926 no 9 this weekend

had a dp blue label last night

I keep meaning to buy one of these, but I always end up picking up the 1964 instead. Let me know how you find it.

DP Blue Label are always a fantastic smoke.

8. fcuknu

fcuknu Senior member

So about the only Gurkha I have ever liked was the Triple Ligero, having gone through many Gurkha samplers from CI. I picked up a Gurkha Estate Select tonight at my B&M and I must say, what a waste of 14 bucks. The thing has no draw to speak of, the flavor is blah, and the smoke, terribly mild. Doubt I will finish it, but I want to get further in, just in case it picks up some character. Have a Camacho Select for later tonight if this one's a write off.

We really must have the same exact pallet. I have always hated Gurkha for some reason. Maybe its because they suck, but also because they are so overpriced. Their marketing sucks a dick. Oh look at us, we make the most expensive cigars in the world, 6k a box, infused with Louis XIII cognac, how fancy. Give me a fucking break. They should spend more time creating better blends and less time on box design, but I guess to the more casual smoker they fill the bling/luxury hole in the market.

9. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

We really must have the same exact pallet. I have always hated Gurkha for some reason. Maybe its because they suck, but also because they are so overpriced. Their marketing sucks a dick. Oh look at us, we make the most expensive cigars in the world, 6k a box, infused with Louis XIII cognac, how fancy. Give me a fucking break. They should spend more time creating better blends and less time on box design, but I guess to the more casual smoker they fill the bling/luxury hole in the market.

I agree, on the palate and Gurkha being overpriced POS. True though, the marketing seems to work magic, creating a demand for shitty cigars, mainly from n0obs who wouldn't know a good cigar from a dog turd.

10. Big A

Big A Senior member

u mean oily wrapper? cause thats a good thing...

Yeah, I wasn't complaining. It burned a little hot, which made me think it was dried out, makes Gnatty's comments interesting

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Decided to save the Camacho for tomorrow. Having a Cabaiguan. Not sure of the vitola, but it's a small cigar, about the size of my index finger, and packed with flavor. What a difference.

12. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Yeah, I wasn't complaining. It burned a little hot, which made me think it was dried out, makes Gnatty's comments interesting

I've found the best way to smoke a Decade is buy one right out of the B&M humi and smoke it same day.

13. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

A Camacho Select is the one cigar that almost made me throw up. Maybe I was just off that night but, the nicotene was too much for me.

14. Minkous

Minkous Senior member

I've found the best way to smoke a Decade is buy one right out of the B&M humi and smoke it same day.

Just got a sampler pack from CI the other day and had the Decade on the porch with a glass of Irish Creme Liquor this evening. I wasn't impressed until i got 2/3 of the way thru it then I tried to make it last as long as possible. It was a really great cigar but i still prefer Rocky Patel's "THE EDGE" to the decade. [​IMG]

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

A Camacho Select is the one cigar that almost made me throw up. Maybe I was just off that night but, the nicotene was too much for me.

Smoking mine now. This is a man's cigar, to say the least.. Not unpleasant though.