Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

I think you should clip more off that stick.

2. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

Fcknu, 08 Mag46's are the shit. I have the German release jar and a 25 count SLB...they are amazingly good. If you feel like dropping another $140, the 08 upmann Connie #1's are equally good if not better.

3. Cravate_Noire

Cravate_Noire Senior member

Purchased on tuesday:
    [​IMG]

Smoked yesterday:
    (Epicure No.1 and Juan Lopez Petite Corona)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. mrmojorisin

mrmojorisin Well-Known Member

dpatsil-

how was that '01 RASS you smoked last month? i'm waiting to break into mine for a few more years.

5. dpatsil

dpatsil Senior member

WTF are you waiting for???? It is worth cracking the box and trying one. I think that anything over 5 years old is fair game to be sampled. If it is on, hit the box hard. Too many people wait too long, the cigars may turn for the worse and you miss that peak. However, the peak is different for everyone. Some guys like that tannic kick and other guys like that old musty, vintage taste.

If the cigar tastes good to me, I put them into the rotation. I got some Oct. '01 San Cristobal El Principes that were great in '06. Now, they taste like ass and have tasted like shit for the past 2 years. Dunno if they are coming back. I hope so b/c I love that cigar but I'm pissed for not smoking more from '06 to '07 when I came in my pants every time I took a puff. It's a short cigar[​IMG]

Yes, yes, oh yes, the '01 RASS are smoking great right now.

-D

6. dl20

dl20 Senior member

Purchased on tuesday:
    [​IMG]

Smoked yesterday:
    (Epicure No.1 and Juan Lopez Petite Corona)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cravate, you are clipping to much off the head of your cigars. The whole cap is gone in those pics. All you need to do is remove a small amount of the cap so the filler is exposed. I use cigar scissors as I think they are more precise and just shave the very head of the cap off in a couple of snips. I'd be surprised if your sticks arent unrolling on you.

DL

7. Cravate_Noire

I know that it should be only the first 2 or 3mm, but I got used to cut off a lot more (probably because I had prolems with the draw of some cigars and I never experienced any probles with the wrapper rolling off or something).
    I'll to get a borer/piercer anyway, that's going to be aesthetically more pleasing.

8. hangten

hangten Senior member

late night short smoke - Montecristo #5

[​IMG]

9. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

My go to Friday night cigar seems to be the Padron 1964 Anniversary Series.. These just never disappoint.

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

Damn I need a smoke.

11. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

^ what're you waiting for?

12. mrmojorisin

mrmojorisin Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for my RASS and PSD4 to hit 10 years. I like well aged cigars. maybe 12-15 years on the PSD4, i think those are 1999. i like the vintage taste.

i just got a bunch of RyJ Churchills from 1999 in. dunno what the hell to do with them all.

those '01 el principes should come back out of their sickness again. Min Ron Nee opins in his book that cigars can have multiple maturation processes (sickness periods where they taste like crap) maybe your cigars are in their second maturation?

13. jet

jet Persian Bro

^ what're you waiting for?

it's already 11 too late man [​IMG]

I'm waiting for my RASS and PSD4 to hit 10 years. I like well aged cigars. maybe 12-15 years on the PSD4, i think those are 1999. i like the vintage taste.

i just got a bunch of RyJ Churchills from 1999 in. dunno what the hell to do with them all.

those '01 el principes should come back out of their sickness again. Min Ron Nee opins in his book that cigars can have multiple maturation processes (sickness periods where they taste like crap) maybe your cigars are in their second maturation?

Slide some romeos my way then playa [​IMG]

14. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

it's already 11 too late man [​IMG]

I wish I'd exercised such restraint last night also, smoked 2 more after I posted that, including a Camacho, and woke up in serious need of shaving my tongue..

15. Cravate_Noire

More purchases...but I forgot to get a piercer, damn:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Bock y Ca smell like siwss chocolate [​IMG]
    [​IMG]