Cigars

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by hopkins_student, Nov 30, 2004.

1. jet

jet Persian Bro

You guys are sooooooooooo coooooool! I'm gonna put a couple of churchills in both your asses and lightem up then again you guys might like that.

RL that pretty much sums it up, I smoke the more tasty mellow ones like the la aroma, la glorias, tats etc when I'm just chillin by myself with some tea mid east style.

2. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Senior member

About to smoke an '08 Lusitania...looking forward to it, heard good things.

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Smoked a lusi about 15 pages ago. Very good, for a cuban.. [​IMG]

Tonight having an Oliva Serie V torpedo. Definitely prefer the lancero though.

4. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

Hey guys,

any thoughts on Thompson Cigar's online selection for someone new to the world of cigars? A lot of their prices seem very tempting. I know I have smoked a few of their cigars before, and quite honestly I have no idea what I am looking for. Any help you are willing to give a newbie (besides the already great information in this thread re: brands) is greatly appreciated.

5. Girardian

Girardian Senior member

Had a very nice petit Edmundo from the original release yesterday afternoon. Spot on.

6. dl20

dl20 Senior member

Hey guys,

any thoughts on Thompson Cigar's online selection for someone new to the world of cigars? A lot of their prices seem very tempting. I know I have smoked a few of their cigars before, and quite honestly I have no idea what I am looking for. Any help you are willing to give a newbie (besides the already great information in this thread re: brands) is greatly appreciated.

Thompsons sucks. Try cigar international.

Any other cigarbid whores in this thread besides me? I think they're gonna put a lien on my house soon.

dl

7. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

Thompsons sucks.
    Well that was enlightening [​IMG] ... care to expound on that?

8. dl20

dl20 Senior member

Ok, 97% of what they sell is over priced trash. I have heard of several people (lately) who placed orders for backordered product that was listed as "in stock" at the time of purchase and they are still waiting many months later. The product was some LADC's I believe so we're not talking ESG's or opus here. When these guys got fed up and decided to cancel their order, they had already been billed and Thompson refused to issue a refund.

See, they suck [​IMG]

Cigar international has better prices and selection. Better rep also.

Some other great places.

atlanticcigar.com
    famous-smoke.com

dl

9. Otter91

Otter91 Senior member

Ok, 97% of what they sell is over priced trash. I have heard of several people (lately) who placed orders for backordered product that was listed as "in stock" at the time of purchase and they are still waiting many months later. The product was some LADC's I believe so we're not talking ESG's or opus here. When these guys got fed up and decided to cancel their order, they had already been billed and Thompson refused to issue a refund.

See, they suck [​IMG]

Cigar international has better prices and selection. Better rep also.

Some other great places.

atlanticcigar.com
    famous-smoke.com

dl

Thanks for the detailed report! This is exactly what I was hoping for

All the Best

10. Minkous

Minkous Senior member

Just picked up a La Aroma De Cuba "Double Corona" after reading about the brand on Cigar Aficianado. Bout to go light up now, i will report later on it

11. Minkous

Minkous Senior member

just finished my LA AROMA DE CUBA "Double Corona"
    [​IMG]
    My thoughts on this cigar are as follows:
    I thought the size and construction on this was beautiful, nice and leathery in person. But after smoking it i was really dissappointed. I expected more. It burned unevenly after several touch up's, It was far too mild for my tastes as well. The draw was also way too easy. I figure i will try another one of these in a few months. I'm interested to see if these change much as i recently read production is shifting from Honduras to Nicaragua.

12. dl20

dl20 Senior member

Must have gotten a bad one. I smoke LADC DC's almost daily. Its a great, complex, med bodied smoke that I have found to be very consistent. The price is also pretty good for this stick. I didn't care for the especials, I find the regular line to be much better. I'll definitely be stocking up before they change makers. Don't know why they want to fix something thats not broken.

dl

13. Minkous

Minkous Senior member

Like i said i'll prob give it another try in a couple months. It might have been a combination with the beer i was drinking, who knows. But i will say i was thoroughly impressed with the shapes and construction of the line.

14. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Thompsons sucks. Try cigar international.

Any other cigarbid whores in this thread besides me? I think they're gonna put a lien on my house soon.

dl

I used to spend a small fortune every month on Cigarbid. But enough bad experiences eventually soured my appetite for the risk that comes with buying from that site. I can't tell you how many boxes I received that were bone-dry and beyond resuscitation. And these weren't cheapos, either. We're talking boxes of Olivas, Padrons, Patels, Fuentes, DPGs, whatever, you name it. Maybe one or two out of every four boxes was FUBAR. At any rate, that failure rate got me to kick the Cigarbid habit pretty quickly.

15. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Smoking an Illusione 88 right now. Not my favorite Illusione, but a damn fine cigar.