• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigars (cohiba / opus x)

taktikz

Reaction score
I recently went to a local tobacco shop to buy a few good cigars. I bought the following cigars: 2 Cohibas, 2 Arturo Fuente Opus X, and 2 Excalibur.

I think I got a good deal for the cigars.

How much do they usually go for? (Mixed results online)

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im assuming the cohibas are red dot, they usually suck, I wouldnt smoke them. It matters what vitola (size) cigar you got to come up with a price.

taktikz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
Im assuming the cohibas are red dot, they usually suck, I wouldnt smoke them. It matters what vitola (size) cigar you got to come up with a price.
Well, the Cohibas were Torpedo, and the Opus X were smaller, maybe Robusto.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
opus x prices can be crazy and vary a lot. They usually cost anywhere from 13-33 depending on where you buy them. I have bought them for as little as 8/9 a stick and as much as 90 bucks (this, of course, was at a cigar bar). If youre smoking an Opus X, I dont think youre going to bee too happy with the cohiba. The cohiba has a black/red label, right?

taktikz

Reaction score
I actually really enjored the Cohiba. It had a gold/black/white label

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
and you bought that at the same place you bought an opus x?

RyJ Maduro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Opus in a robusto size, I wouldn't pay more than $20, and that's pushing it.

Originally Posted by taktikz
I actually really enjored the Cohiba. It had a gold/black/white label

Did they bring them out from the back room, or were they on the shelf in the humidour?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro
Did they bring them out from the back room, or were they on the shelf in the humidour?

Dude it had to be a Fauxhiba. What cigar store is going to sell a ISOM Cohiba to a guy who they don't know and who doesn't know anything about cigars?

taktikz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Dude it had to be a Fauxhiba. What cigar store is going to sell a ISOM Cohiba to a guy who they don't know and who doesn't know anything about cigars?
Are you ******* kidding me? Like cigar stores make no money off of Cohiba's.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Are you ******* kidding me? Like cigar stores make no money off of Cohiba's.
Sure they make money. But why would they take the risk of selling something illegal to somebody they have never met before (like a regular, trusted customer), and someone who is also relatively unfamiliar with the product? Maybe it was a real Habana Cohiba, but it just doesn't make sense why they would do that.

taktikz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Sure they make money. But why would they take the risk of selling something illegal to somebody they have never met before (like a regular, trusted customer), and someone who is also relatively unfamiliar with the product? Maybe it was a real Habana Cohiba, but it just doesn't make sense why they would do that.
Well, you have a point... I was curious if it was real or not after the purchase, but after extensive research and a good smoke, I realized it was authentic.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are you from tak? We're all assuming you are from the US. If that is the case, you got a fake.

dl

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, you have a point... I was curious if it was real or not after the purchase, but after extensive research and a good smoke, I realized it was authentic.

im curious, post some pics

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads