1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by RamNYC, Jul 10, 2005.

1. zhouyu

zhouyu Senior member

Been smoking smoking Mild Sevens lately.... thanks to all my friends bringing them back for me from Overseas dutyfree..

Otherwise its Nat Sherman Mints and Marlboro "Gold Pack"...

2. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

- Lucky Strike
    - Black Devil
    - Old Holborn

/thread

3. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

Studying is ramping up my habit, I'm beginning to get short of breath walking up stairs.... sigh.

4. Sazerac

Sazerac Senior member

I used to love Nat Sherman Classics in the brown book-style box. Loved them with wine, loved them with coffee, loved them after sex. To me, explaining the allure of cigarettes to a non-smoker is like explaining the allure of women to an eight year old boy who thinks girls are "icky."

What I've learned since quitting though is that the buzz you get from being a self-righteous prick non-smoker is far better than nicotine. If I had known that I would have quit long before.

5. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

Is there a Cigerette that is similar to Dunhills? I love Dunhills but there is only one place I can get them and its fairly far away plus there $8 a pack so I have limited myself to a pack a month.

6. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

What I've learned since quitting though is that the buzz you get from being a self-righteous prick non-smoker is far better than nicotine. If I had known that I would have quit long before.

lol funny shit.

I've been rolling my own now. I tried Danish Export first. It is really nice, very smooth and has a good taste. Slightly more nicotine than I was used to (smoking ultra lights), but it's all natural. I recently picked up a new blend from Holt's. It's Virginia and Turkish tobaccos aged with Tennessee whiskey and some Latakia. It tastes very flavorful and smooth, although a bit sweet. I may cut it with some Danish Export.

I recently ordered some "dual-purpose" pipe tobacco, meant to be used for cigarettes. It's really cheap. 16 bucks a pound. They circumvent the new taxes, because it doesn't apply to pipe tobacco. I hope I like it. It'll be less than 50 cents a pack if it does.

7. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

Is there a Cigerette that is similar to Dunhills? I love Dunhills but there is only one place I can get them and its fairly far away plus there $8 a pack so I have limited myself to a pack a month.

Dunhills are made in a variety of countries and would vary taste-wise. Best are UK-made, next Swiss, then other shit-places. UK Dunhills have a very distinct taste hard to imitate

8. mordecai

mordecai Senior member

I know this goes against the purpose of this thread, but has anyone used Allen Carr's book to quit smoking? Some people I respect have recommended it. I sat down with it at lunch, and 3 chapters in, he's still just beating his chest about all the people he's helped to quit smoking.

9. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

I know this goes against the purpose of this thread, but has anyone used Allen Carr's book to quit smoking? Some people I respect have recommended it. I sat down with it at lunch, and 3 chapters in, he's still just beating his chest about all the people he's helped to quit smoking.
    That has a purpose. It's to make you think, holy shit this guy helped all these people stop smoking I bet he can help me too. It puts you in a frame of mind that makes the following advice more effective. Or at least that's the bullshit theory I just came up with. Also, Nat Shermans are pretty good.

10. JMSBNSN

JMSBNSN Senior member

I only smoke under intense stress. I always buy Marlboro Reds

11. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

Got the dual-purpose pipe tobacco. It's damn good. Taste is much better than store bought cigarettes. The cut is a bit longer, but it's a good thing because it doesn't fall out of the tubes as easy. It burns slightly different from regular cigarette tobacco, but it doesn't affect the smokability.

With shipping, it works out to 75 cents a pack. If I bought larger quantities of tobacco it would be cheaper but only bought two 6 ounce packs of tobacco. 6 ounces will make me around 250 cigarettes.

Got the house blend smooth from rollyourown.com. Also bought Criss Cross Smooth, but don't want to open the bag. 6 ounces will last me a long time.

12. u3999859

u3999859 New Member

I only smoke Djarum these days. After started smoking these Blacks, regular cigarettes just taste awful.

Another advantage is that chicks dig the smell of it. Cigarettes are expensive here in Australia, A pack of 25s cost around 17 dollars! Ive been buying my Djarum Online, they come in 16 sticks a pack though. Bought them at ciggiesworld and they arrived in 10 days. U guys should check it out.

13. streetminimal

streetminimal Senior member

I only smoke Djarum these days. After started smoking these Blacks, regular cigarettes just taste awful.

Another advantage is that chicks dig the smell of it. Cigarettes are expensive here in Australia, A pack of 25s cost around 17 dollars! Ive been buying my Djarum Online, they come in 16 sticks a pack though. Bought them at ciggiesworld and they arrived in 10 days. U guys should check it out.

are they the ones with cloves? shit is deadly...but tasty.

14. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Nat Sherman MCD's with the filter snapped off are my current favorite.

15. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

< ~$2.15 a pack here, I'm dying because I choose to

16. Seatbelts_

Seatbelts_ Senior member

Been smoking marlboro bright leaves recently. They're only realeased in the UK, apparently they're tailored towards the taste of an English middle aged smoker because they have virginia tobacco or something. They're a fair bit stronger then marlboro reds and about $1.50 cheaper per pack.

Do want.

17. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Are they really that much cheaper there, or are you just buying really shitty cigarettes?[​IMG]

18. Sazerac

Sazerac Senior member

Nat Sherman MCD's with the filter snapped off are my current favorite.

Before I quit, I loved those. For a while, they were making a filtered king size but discontinued them after only a year or so. The flavor of those was very rich and cigar-like.

19. ErnestoG.

ErnestoG. Senior member

how much are newports

20. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

are they the ones with cloves? shit is deadly...but tasty.

I have been really wanting to try Djarum Blacks for a while but I have heard the above rumor quite a bit. Things like it makes your lungs bleed. Is this after smoking more than a few packs or something? These rumors are keeping me from buying a pack.