1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by RamNYC, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. Yesterday I happened to notice that the local party store sold Nat Shermans. I think I slightly prefer them to Spirits.

2. ErnestoG.

ErnestoG. Senior member

any newport fans? im a fan of the hardpack regulars

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

fuck, we had a fat kid in 8th grade life science lab whose family was on a lot of food stamps, and the kid would steal cartons of newports and distribute them to us for about a dollar a pack, and this lasted all year. I think that's the only real break I've gotten from the federal government, in its own roundabout way, and it also got me hooked on smoking forever.

Those crush filter things are not new, the Japanese had them in Kools for quite awhile now and now I see them all over the place, here they're Kent 'resets'...

I got a pack of Cohiba cigarettes last night, might give a little review on them once I get around to smoking some of them.

4. ErnestoG.

ErnestoG. Senior member

ive tried the cohiba ciggies before, wasnt a huge fan. prefer gauloises reds

5. fuji

fuji Senior member

Been smoking marlboro bright leaves recently. They're only realeased in the UK, apparently they're tailored towards the taste of an English middle aged smoker because they have virginia tobacco or something. They're a fair bit stronger then marlboro reds and about $1.50 cheaper per pack.

6. Xericx

Xericx Senior member

picked a pack up of Davidoff Reds tonight (only $5 a pack). I'm more of a Dunhill man myself but wanted something smoother and faster burning.

7. jessis

jessis Senior member

Peter Stuyvesant, Classic, Soft Pack. Weekends only.

8. eztantz

eztantz Senior member

Clean for 2 yrs just this past monday.

9. jessis

jessis Senior member

Clean for 2 yrs just this past monday.
    Well done indeed.

10. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

These are what cigarettes should taste like...

[​IMG]

11. Another New Yorker

Another New Yorker Senior member

I had a lucky strike the other day and loved iy. I normally usually just smoke Malboro Reds which is what all my friends have and is quite plentiful in Manhattan. I asked my buddies about Lucky Strikes and they said they can't be found in Manhattan... That clearly does not seem to be the case, but seeing as I don't really feel like scouring the island for Lucky Strikes, does anyone have any recommendations? I'm usually around Union Square, Tribeca, and Battery Park City, so places there should be ideal.

12. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Senior member

picked a pack up of Davidoff Reds tonight (only $5 a pack). I'm more of a Dunhill man myself but wanted something smoother and faster burning.
    wow FUCk I hate Canada(BC most of all) $12 a pack for Davidoffs here. Love the whites and golds, reds are good too. would like to try the blacks at least once, they sound really harsh from the tox emissions though. lately I have gotten to like Pall Malls again, since they are kind of the cheapest decent smoke in BC right now. Fucking HST raping my ability to rape my own lungs. Also, the lack of really good menthols in BC kills me, the best I can really do is B&H menthols which aren't really that good at all.
    any newport fans? im a fan of the hardpack regulars
    fucking love newports. the presidential cigarette.

13. Wilde

Wilde Member

I smoke on occasion, when money and health agree with me. I usually smoke Camel.

14. milosz

milosz Senior member

Smoked half a pack of Marlboro 27s last night, paying for it today.

15. Aaargh

Aaargh Member

Prince white/red soft pack
    Marbrolo red
    Camel blue or Camel without filter

Menthol or ciggs who taste chocolate/whatever are for pussies. Step up and be a man.
    Almost all of my friends smoke, can only think of one or two who doesn't. We are of weak moral fibre but we don't care.
    I wish Marbrolo red would come in soft pack (dunno, does it? don't think so, not in Sweden at least).
    I should get a classy lighter, but than I would just lose it.
    I also consume snus, probably as much as I smoke.
    I'm not addicted, get no withdrawal when I don't touch the stuff for a couple of days. Wouldn't call myself a regular smoker. Smoke em if you got em. Usually only buy for the weekends/going out/summer.

16. fuji

fuji Senior member

i want to try 27s, but I can't find them anywhere. Haven't had a cigarette for a week, Im not trying to quit or anything, Im just not of the legal age to buy cigarettes in NY and I keep getting IDed.

17. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

i want to try 27s, but I can't find them anywhere. Haven't had a cigarette for a week, Im not trying to quit or anything, Im just not of the legal age to buy cigarettes in NY and I keep getting IDed.

Go to a rough neighborhood.

18. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Go to a rough neighborhood.

Or do the "omg I left my ID at home" thing. I've used it a few times to buy beer, and I look like I'm 18. You just gotta act confident and dress like an adult. Seriously.

19. fuji

fuji Senior member

Thats works fine in England, but it doesn't seem to work in NY. Might be because the age is 19 and I've only been going to good areas.

20. Another New Yorker

Another New Yorker Senior member

If you're in New York City you just have to know the right delis. Also, get a fake. You have 2 years to go. It will be a divine boon in both booze and cigarettes and you can end up making the money back when random people want you to buy them stuff and you overcharge them.