Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by RamNYC, Jul 10, 2005.

1. chang

chang Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of Peter Stokkebye's rolling tobaccos. It's more in a shag cut and I find it easier to hand roll than some of the dry long cut tobaccos more commonly available. I prefer Abadie papers. Looks amazing if you can roll a perfect cylindrical cigarette with no wrinkles or creases and a filter. Spark up with your Dupont or Dunhill Unique and pocket your fine leather roll up pouch in your suit jacket. Took a lot of practice but I think I finally have it down.

2. JamesT

JamesT Senior member

Don't you mean Gitanes?

Serge Gainsbourg always smoked Gauloises. They're probably the least popular cigarette in modern French perception, but I've a sneaky sympathy for an occasional packets of bleus..

Yes, Gitanes.

Now, however, it seems that anything with a filter just doesn't cut it.

3. trajan

trajan Senior member

It is German with an Oriental taste.

Fairly hard to get.

Where do you get Shepherd's Hotel in New York?

--trajan

4. balder

balder Well-Known Member

Up to three years ago I was a 20-30 a day man and I found that of that 20-30 there was only about 2 to 3 that I enjoyed-but I had to smoke the whole 20-30 to find them!

5. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Hi all. I enjoy Marlboro Lights. But my friend told me to quit, so now I am trying.[​IMG]

Quit your friend....

Oh and I know it's an old post but Gainsbourg smoked Gitanes not Gauloises. Sartre smoked Gauloises though...

6. jml90

jml90 Senior member

I used to be a Camel Menthol smoker, but the taste just didn't appeal to me anymore. I then switched to Marlboro menthol, but for some reason I coughed like no cigarette could make when I smoked them. I now smoke about 10-15 USA Gold Menthol 100s a day. They're cheap but I still like them. I never really got into the exotics maybe just because of the price. I once smoked American Spirit Menthols and really hated them. Has anyone taken apart the filter of one of those? It seems like there;s sand or something in it. I may have to try some of these more exotics, but not sure of I want to risk spending $6 or $8 a pack only to not like them.

I also tend to buy anything that's two for one.

7. SheikRattleEnroll

SheikRattleEnroll New Member

Lucky Strikes and Gauloises for years, now Camel lights. Trying to quit after I move though...

8. why

why Senior member

Smoking is cool and always has been, no matter what the ACS says. It's also incredibly unhealthy.

That said, I never buy cigarettes. I bum them off friends when I feel like it. I maybe smoke one or two a week -- usually only when I don't have a cigar with me.

9. Treen

Treen Senior member

I smoke when I'm drinking, and that's about it: my favourites are either Marlboro Red, or Dunhill Internationals.

However, I'm a lot more liberal when it comes to cigars and tend to indulge a lot more frequently.

10. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

Smoke Mild Seven Sky Blues now, have been for about 8 months. It's not the best cigarette but it gets the job done.

Been developing somewhat of a hacking cough lately though..

11. PARTY

PARTY Senior member

Marlboro Reds, Parliament Full Flavors, and Camel Turkish Golds. The Three Amigos in my book.

12. jml90

jml90 Senior member

I was feeling cheaper the other day and bought a pack of Bronco Menthols......Not bad actually burn pretty slow too.

13. dtmt

dtmt Senior member

Alcohol, coffee, and coca-cola are all so much better when enjoyed with a cigarette. For me, I can easily have a few smokes at the bar during the weekend and still won't feel like smoking the rest of the week.

14. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I recently bought Nat Sherman's Havana Ovals, and they are nice with a filtered holder. Without a filter, they are slightly too strong.

Apparently it uses cigar-grade tobacco; in the past, it would have been Havana tobacco.

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

With a filter, the Havana Ovals have a slightly sweet nutty flavor that is surprisingly smooth and uncluttered with hints of darkness. While the taste is reminiscent of luxury, it is not quite decadent enough to be full-fledged.

It is an appropriate day and evening cigarette; and suitable for a "usual cigarette wardrobe". It may be too idiosyncratic for most, however.

It is also quite photogenic as once lighted, it generates a large amount of whorling Fuck-You smoke.