• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigarettes

chang

Reaction score
I'm a fan of Peter Stokkebye's rolling tobaccos. It's more in a shag cut and I find it easier to hand roll than some of the dry long cut tobaccos more commonly available. I prefer Abadie papers. Looks amazing if you can roll a perfect cylindrical cigarette with no wrinkles or creases and a filter. Spark up with your Dupont or Dunhill Unique and pocket your fine leather roll up pouch in your suit jacket. Took a lot of practice but I think I finally have it down.

JamesT

Reaction score
Originally Posted by casanova
Don't you mean Gitanes?

Serge Gainsbourg always smoked Gauloises. They're probably the least popular cigarette in modern French perception, but I've a sneaky sympathy for an occasional packets of bleus..

Yes, Gitanes.

Now, however, it seems that anything with a filter just doesn't cut it.

trajan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
It is German with an Oriental taste.

Fairly hard to get.

Where do you get Shepherd's Hotel in New York?

--trajan

balder

Reaction score
Up to three years ago I was a 20-30 a day man and I found that of that 20-30 there was only about 2 to 3 that I enjoyed-but I had to smoke the whole 20-30 to find them!

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youbetcha1018
Hi all. I enjoy Marlboro Lights. But my friend told me to quit, so now I am trying.
smile.gif

Quit your friend....

Oh and I know it's an old post but Gainsbourg smoked Gitanes not Gauloises. Sartre smoked Gauloises though...

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to be a Camel Menthol smoker, but the taste just didn't appeal to me anymore. I then switched to Marlboro menthol, but for some reason I coughed like no cigarette could make when I smoked them. I now smoke about 10-15 USA Gold Menthol 100s a day. They're cheap but I still like them. I never really got into the exotics maybe just because of the price. I once smoked American Spirit Menthols and really hated them. Has anyone taken apart the filter of one of those? It seems like there;s sand or something in it. I may have to try some of these more exotics, but not sure of I want to risk spending $6 or $8 a pack only to not like them.

I also tend to buy anything that's two for one.

SheikRattleEnroll

Reaction score
Lucky Strikes and Gauloises for years, now Camel lights. Trying to quit after I move though...

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smoking is cool and always has been, no matter what the ACS says. It's also incredibly unhealthy.

That said, I never buy cigarettes. I bum them off friends when I feel like it. I maybe smoke one or two a week -- usually only when I don't have a cigar with me.

Treen

Reaction score
I smoke when I'm drinking, and that's about it: my favourites are either Marlboro Red, or Dunhill Internationals.

However, I'm a lot more liberal when it comes to cigars and tend to indulge a lot more frequently.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Smoke Mild Seven Sky Blues now, have been for about 8 months. It's not the best cigarette but it gets the job done.

Been developing somewhat of a hacking cough lately though..

PARTY

Reaction score
Marlboro Reds, Parliament Full Flavors, and Camel Turkish Golds. The Three Amigos in my book.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was feeling cheaper the other day and bought a pack of Bronco Menthols......Not bad actually burn pretty slow too.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alcohol, coffee, and coca-cola are all so much better when enjoyed with a cigarette. For me, I can easily have a few smokes at the bar during the weekend and still won't feel like smoking the rest of the week.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I recently bought Nat Sherman's Havana Ovals, and they are nice with a filtered holder. Without a filter, they are slightly too strong.

Apparently it uses cigar-grade tobacco; in the past, it would have been Havana tobacco.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
With a filter, the Havana Ovals have a slightly sweet nutty flavor that is surprisingly smooth and uncluttered with hints of darkness. While the taste is reminiscent of luxury, it is not quite decadent enough to be full-fledged.

It is an appropriate day and evening cigarette; and suitable for a "usual cigarette wardrobe". It may be too idiosyncratic for most, however.

It is also quite photogenic as once lighted, it generates a large amount of whorling ****-You smoke.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads