• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cigarettes and marketing plans

Demeter

Reaction score
It's getting late. The blood-red display of my alarm clock reads a daunting 11:18. I've been at this thing for the last 13 hours. Tactical plans, marketing strategies, environmental analyses... It feels like Philip Cotler got stuck inside my head with a can of spraypaint and suddenly discovered his mischievous streak.

What's worse is that my eyes are tired, and I'm out of coffee. Another few hours to go, unfortunately.

But after a while it all starts to calm down. Everyone goes to bed. The house quiets down. Sia Furler plays in Winamp on repeat.

The warm glow of the monitor provides a comforting solace on nights like these. Like a warm blanket, almost. Thoughts wander, and focus is lost on nights like these.

My bed calls out to me, but I don't listen. Instead I write and surf and browse SF. It's strange how now it's back and it feels like I've finally found a long-lost friend again. I like this place.

Hope you're all doing well.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
get back to work!

devil.gif

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a kind of peace, an oasis that you reach working late enough. Just before Christmas I finished an paper on semiconductors for APChem at 2:30 AM, but the combination of the pot of coffee I'd drunk earlier, the relief of having completed the thing, and the stillness of the night made me stay up another hour just listening to music, despite the fact that I had to be at school at 8:00 that morning.

I swear, I have some of my most beautiful and lucid moments late at night.

Demeter

Reaction score
Ed, it's an amazing feeling isn't it? Last night I finished at around 5 in the morning. I didn't really want to go to bed.

I certainly felt it today, though!

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meaculpa
Ed, it's an amazing feeling isn't it? Last night I finished at around 5 in the morning. I didn't really want to go to bed.

I certainly felt it today, though!

Rather like going on a bender in that way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics