1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Cigarette advice sought

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by MrSmith2U, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

MrSmith2U: I enjoyed reading each of your posts. Please keep up the good work.

2. MrSmith2U

MrSmith2U Well-Known Member

My Dear Mr Wang,

One is most appreciative of your encomia and indeed hopes future correspondence, or 'posts', are as well received as this 'thread' appears to have been. I trust the various words posted herein have been well received, and indeed, heeded, by like-minded chaps.

In the mean time I can tentatively advise that my off-spring, for whose benefit I was seeking popular wisdom, has assumed a flâneur's posture and can be encountered most mornings of the week 'hanging around' the village square, as I like to call it, trying to appear raffish and alluring to the numerous local popsies innocently going about their day.

Yours etc,

Smith

3. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

Kick him in the balls.

+1

4. oman

oman Senior member

popsies

does this mean girls

is he having any luck

5. Houndstooth

Houndstooth Senior member

Mr. Smith,

Tell your son what my Daddy told me. "Go ahead and smoke all ya want, but one day you're going to have to quit.."

Did'nt know what he meant till recently.

Quitings a bitch.

6. MOCAZEN

MOCAZEN Well-Known Member

Mr. Smith, your choice of words and speech are interesting and much appreciated, as for odoreater, he's an insolent, as he seems to attack whoever he can with smart-ass remarks and doesn't seem to provide anything constructive

7. Concordia

Concordia Senior member Dubiously Honored

Too bad he didn't start with something really nasty. My first and only cigarette was a Balkan Sobranie (black paper, gold-leaf covered filter). Someone in my dorm used them and I figured that if I acquired a new vice it should be a high-class one.

I lasted halfway through one cigarette. Didn't get sick, but it tasted pretty foul. Also took about half the night to get the taste out of my mouth.

I am still grateful.

8. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Too bad he didn't start with something really nasty. My first and only cigarette was a Balkan Sobranie (black paper, gold-leaf covered filter). Someone in my dorm used them and I figured that if I acquired a new vice it should be a high-class one.

I lasted halfway through one cigarette. Didn't get sick, but it tasted pretty foul. Also took about half the night to get the taste out of my mouth.

I am still grateful.

Those Russian style cigarettes are an "advanced cigarette". Sort of like taking a stick of pot then subsequently delving into snorts of horse and needles of cocaine.