Church's WTF!?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SirWilliam, Jun 21, 2011.

1. SirWilliam

SirWilliam Senior member

I bought some black leather oxfords that retail for around $500. They are obviously corrected grain. The last shape is good and they do fit well but why would they be CG? The linings are part cloth, WTF? The tounge is sewn on one side to the top of the shoe...this is a f@&king joke. I know this is Church's standard line but I could have spent 1/3 the price to get a POS shoe.

Do I wear them or sell them? It is a lose lose situation.

2. countbaron

countbaron Senior member

I bought some black leather oxfords that retail for around $500. They are obviously corrected grain. The last shape is good and they do fit well but why would they be CG? The linings are part cloth, WTF? The tounge is sewn on one side to the top of the shoe...this is a f@&king joke. I know this is Church's standard line but I could have spent 1/3 the price to get a POS shoe.

I think you forgot to add the sponsor logo to your post.

3. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

The linings are part cloth, WTF?

lurk moar, noob

4. SirWilliam

SirWilliam Senior member

Thank you for the rude responses.

5. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

Where did you buy them? You can't just return them?

6. SirWilliam

SirWilliam Senior member

No they were bought at a Church store in Hong Kong.

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

If you were aware of this why did you buy them? Im guessing they're binder calf right? Even though its corrected grain its not that bad, just gets really easily scuffed.

8. entrero

entrero Senior member

lol, where's the "Oh btw it's made in Italy"

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

lets see pics of how bad they are and if they are that bad try to sell em, also are you sure they arent knockoffs

10. LS7

LS7 Senior member

The tounge is sewn on one side to the top of the shoe...

This is quite common. I believe the tongue is sewn to the upper to prevent it from slipping, particularly when putting the shoe on. My Lobb Philip II's have the same feature.

11. pebblegrain

pebblegrain Senior member

All these "features" are not only obvious but intentional, if you bought them anyway then its your dumbass fault for buying something you didn't want.

12. Kurt N

Kurt N Senior member

^ ^ Right. Some people like this feature well enough to have it done by a cobbler post-purchase. It's not a mark of low quality.

13. dreamtripper

dreamtripper Senior member

Most of the models are available in calf as well. I have several pairs of Graftons, but made sure to get them in calf.

The last shape is good and they do fit well but why would they be CG? The linings are part cloth, WTF?

14. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

Not to mention the fact that the "cloth" lining has been discussed her ad nauseum. Every single thing you mention should have been visible within 5 seconds of picking the shoe up, if you didn't like it, then my the fuck did you buy it?

I'm getting tired of people assuming that a "good brand" means "exactly what you want in a product, even if your own eyes tell you otherwise". Get a grip.

15. SirWilliam

SirWilliam Senior member

Yes I am an idiot for buying them. I was in a rush and needed shoes fast and I am mostly just mad at myself for being sloppy. I was pretty disappointed upon later inspection. I had always regarded Church's as a good quality brand and this is the first non fashion shoe that I have seen in this price range with CG. They fit my foot pretty well so I guess I will see how they hold up.