• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Church's, Tricker's & Greens...

jjl5000

Reaction score
... in that order:

Churchsslippers1.jpg

Churchsslippers2.jpg

I've got a thing for slippers at the moment
blush.gif

DSC00752.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

Shannon2.jpg

Shannon3.jpg

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
They are crazily wonderful.
worship.gif

Regards.

+10. Nice going jjl

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tricker's are nicer than expected.

You could have said they were EG's and most would have believed it. Very nice and sleek.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe trees in your slippers as well !

.... and not just simple spring shoe trees, serious cedar shoe trees.

What do you wear the boots with ? A Victorian-style suit or something more modern ?

jjl5000

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Eustace, I tip my hat to you Sir for leading the way with those outstanding tweed Shannons. I have the poor man's version
laugh.gif

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blackplatano
tricker's are nicer than expected.

You could have said they were EG's and most would have believed it. Very nice and sleek.

Many thanks...
I have said this many times before but Tricker's dress shoes are often much underrated. A great shoe a their price point.

Originally Posted by Kingstonian
Shoe trees in your slippers as well !

.... and not just simple spring shoe trees, serious cedar shoe trees.

What do you wear the boots with ? A Victorian-style suit or something more modern ?

I wouldn't be averse to a Victorian style suit but will have to make do with modern suitings and tweeds. I might even try them with a pair of jeans
devil.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
Eustace, I tip my hat to you Sir for leading the way with those outstanding tweed Shannons. I have the poor man's version
laugh.gif

Thanks, but I would hardly call the sweet boots above the "poor man's version." Now, if only I can get my hands on some burgundy suede...

jjl5000

Reaction score
Thanks TKD, I purchased them from Tricker's own ebay store. I believe they were made for Crocket, a German retailer:

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

Burgundy is not a colour normally available direct from Tricker's AFAIK.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When I went to the EG shop on Friday to pick up my "˜Twickenham II',
Robert (sales) and I talked about that current penchant for "˜Shannons'
in all possible varieties.

Robert mentioned, he had dispatched, that very day,
a special order "˜Shannon' in three different leathers.

Now I know............"it's for yooouuuuuh!!!"

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe
When I went to the EG shop on Friday to pick up my ‘Twickenham II’,
Robert (sales) and I talked about that current penchant for ‘Shannons’
in all possible varieties.

Robert mentioned, he had dispatched, that very day,
a special order ‘Shannon’ in three different leathers.

Now I know…………"it's for yooouuuuuh!!!"

Guilty as charged.

What conclusions did you reach as far as Shannon-mania goes? I had no idea such boots were available until I first came across a pair on here. Can the fora really be responsible for so many sales?

AFAIK Shannon is still not stocked in the Jermyn St sore. This suggests (to me at least) that even if sales have increased ten fold, they still remain marginal compared to other shoes / boots.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjl5000
AFAIK Shannon is still not stocked in the Jermyn St sore. This suggests (to me at least) that even if sales have increased ten fold, they still remain marginal compared to other shoes / boots.

The "˜Shannon' is not likely to be a shoe anyone needs in a hurry: "I've got an interview, a funeral, a wedding to go to, and I need a new pair of shoes!". I would guess, boots make no more than 5 % of all shoe sales. And even within those 5 %, the majority of boot sales will be Chukka or Chelsea boots.

For any store to have a full size range available, they'll need maybe three dozen pairs, quite an investment in money and storage space. Then the first customer says: "But I would want it in green or bi-coloured or with this or with that!"

I got my "˜Shannon' some four years ago from eBay. An American seller offered three brand-new pairs in three different sizes (obviously some unsold stock). The seller had them at maybe $ 199.00 starting price and $ 250.00 BIN. When I saw, one pair was my size, I did hit without hesitation the BIN button, thinking:"If there is ten days of bidding, they'll only get more expensive"
tounge.gif
. Two other buyers thought the same way, and within a couple of hours all three pairs were sold BIN.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads