Church's shoes quality control

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by aquatherm, Jul 21, 2016.

1. aquatherm

aquatherm Active Member

I ordered a pair of Church's Ryder chukkas (F fitting) online two weeks ago and the left boot was wider than the right. I actually thought they had sent me the G fitting boot by mistake so they went back and exchanged for another pair. Received them yesterday and the same problem again! The left boot is still wider than the right only this time not so noticeable.

Am I being unreasonable to think a pair of £350 shoes to be free from this kind of defect? Has anyone else had a similar problem with them?

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Are you sure that they are actually wider? Have you put the boots sole-to-sole and verified this?

I have the sahara (so, the unlined version of the chukka, and have not noticed such a defect.

3. aquatherm

aquatherm Active Member

Hi LA guy

I didn't check the soles on the old pair but they were clearly wider. The new pair is less so. I just checked the soles of the new pair and they are identical. I have pictures of the first pair. I'll try to get it up.

4. aquatherm

aquatherm Active Member

5. Astaroth

Astaroth Senior member

Unfortunately an overhead photo doesnt show anything meaningful; just a degree or two off the absolute midpoint at 90 degrees will result in a visual difference due to perspectives. As has been said you need to compare them sole to sole as the easiest way to check

6. scoi

scoi Member

I imagine they are built from pretty identical moulds and patterns.

Are you thinking they are different sizes due to them being looser. If so, could you have different sized feet. I have about 3/4 of a size difference in mine.