• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Church's Shoes Brisbane Brogue on the 73 Last

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The 330 is a great last. I'm a big fan of the 202 as well. The 73, by comparison, looks bulbous to me.

khaki sack

Reaction score
Yeah, it looks bulbous to me too.
confused.gif

I love the 202. The 330 doesn't get enough love around here.

Originally Posted by grimslade
The 330 is a great last. I'm a big fan of the 202 as well. The 73, by comparison, looks bulbous to me.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree about the 330, but it is, alas, all but defunct today, so...

tonup277

Reaction score
this is my very first "real" pair of shoes. i know the general public on SF **** on church's, but i really like this pair.

they're definitely not as sleek as CJs (i have no experience w/EGs), but for my taste the quality is really great.

i purchased them at the NY shop on madison...size 8.5F.
now, normally i wear a UK8. so i'm unsure if these (because i bought them in the US) are a UK8.5 or US8.5.

judges76

Reaction score
The 73 last was discontinued a long time ago. It was replaced by the 173 last which has been modified & now is not as bulbous.

northamptonshoes

Reaction score
The ones I am selling are on the 73 last. Church's still sell shoes on that last.

judges76

Reaction score
I'm just repeating what I was told by an SA in the NYC Church's store.

northamptonshoes

Reaction score
Fair enough but I was in Church's here only last week and they are still selling shoes on that last here.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The 73 has been combined with the 100 to create the 173.

I have a pair on the 173 which fit me much better than the 100. The shape is nice overall while they maintain that classic Church's look.

My Chetwynds on the 173:

Chetwynds007.jpg

Chetwynds010.jpg

doo888

Reaction score
If it helps, I take a 7E in the C&J 341 and a 7.5F in Church's 73.

I own the Brisbane in dark brown and it's a fantastic shoe (having purchased them at heavy discount) but I can't help but admire the brogues from C&J on a sleeker last such as the 341 which is ever so slightly more elongated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads