• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Church's shoes are comparable to...?

fletch

Reaction score
I really dont like Church's they are really wide and frumpy looking. Very similar to Alden and Allen Edmonds. Crockett and Jones are much better styled with a slimmer last. They seem to be really good value stateside unlike Church's or indeed anything at leffot.

Crockett has a nice new store that opened up recently in midtown.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
So, if I'm getting heel slippage it's best to try another last / shoe?

Yes.

cimabue

Reaction score
'Just bought C&J Malvern monks and I can say unhesitatingly they are not as well made as Church's Westbury monks, of which I have two pairs. The Church's have better, more substantive leather, the hardware is also better and the stitching finer. Church's is definitely the superior shoe in this instance. Also, can't imagine a more beautifully made and durable brogue than the Grafton, except maybe a Trickers product, which I remember as being very well made if somewhat blocky in comparison.

I also tried on a couple pairs of Aldens this weekend for the first time in years. I was very pleasantly surprised. 'Was expecting mediocrity and found the shoes super abundant in materiality and exceedingly comfortable. I still prefer English lasts but will happily pick up either longwings or bluchers when I can afford to do so.

Happy hunting!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.