Church's "Paris" Style?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by thebigcicero, Feb 4, 2010.

1. thebigcicero

thebigcicero Member

I just bought a pair of Church's shoes from the store on Madison Ave in NYC. They're the black "Paris" bench-grade style. These are my first pair of "high class" shoes and I wanted to make sure I got my money's worth, so I have a couple questions! Thank you!

1. I haven't seen this "Paris" style anywhere on the Church's web site or online. Does anyone know anything about these, and are they a decent shoe?

2. These have a polished leather, not the grain leather featured on the custom-grade shoes. Is polished okay, or is grain better?

3. Everyone keeps talking about the post-Prada decline in quality, but these seem to be pretty good. Is the post-Prada quality decline real or hogwash?

Thank you!!!

2. hzleyes

hzleyes New Member

two years later did you ever get an answer? I am contemplating buying a pair now. What are your thoughts?

3. thebigcicero

thebigcicero Member

No, I never got an answer! But I'm happy with them. I wear them 1-2 times per week and so far they're still great. They're comfortable (as much as a dress shoe can be, anyway), and they've held up well. The polished binder looks good actually. If you're interested in them I'd say get them. Hope that helps!

4. gregfsu

gregfsu Member

I'm thinking about purchasing a pair of these. Are you still happy with yours? Please describe the fit. Do you they run wide? narrow? Thank you!

5. thebigcicero

thebigcicero Member

Yup, I'm still happy with them. They're still comfortable (as much as a dress shoe can be), they look great, and they're holding up well. I don't wear them everyday though. Prob wear them a couple times per week. I have several pairs of black dress shoes, but these are my most formal so don't wear them in all occasions. I'm very happy with them and glad I bought them.

Regarding the width, I'm not sure what the sizing is. I think they're a tad narrow. But I have just a slightly wide foot and they seem to fit fine. It's hard to tell because some shoes cause me a problem in width due to the cut and style, not necessarily due to the width per se. These seem okay with my foot. I don't think I can be too much help on this one.