• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Church's Lamport

Ducc

Reaction score
There is a lack of Church's Lamports on this forum, so for the sake of completeness, I've included some photos below.

You guys are harsh (from what I can tell), so I'll include some excuses.

1. My camera display is broken, so I don't have any idea what I'm taking a picture of before I upload it to my computer. So please, no comments on god-awful photography skills.

2. I'm taking these photos in a New York City apartment in the evening. The lighting could be better.

3. I only own two pairs of "good" shoes. The rest are things like converse and Aldo's. That might matter somehow. I don't know if it'll matter, because I only have two pairs of good shoes. Shut up.

4. The other pair of shoes in the photos are Wolverine 1000 Mile boots, which have been resoled after 8 months of hard use. I put gigantic soles on them because I wanted to.

5. I could have kept the last-fitted shoe trees in them for the photos, but I didn't. The shoe trees are nice.

6. I had a thin rubber sole put on. After I destroyed the leather sole on my Wolverine 1000 Mile (and after much research), I came to the conclusion that a thin rubber sole is just a good decision.

And now, the photos.

These shoes are meant to function as my basic black shoe. I hope to wear them for interviews and other events the first half of my life adult life, and then with jeans in the park for the last half of my life.

I tried on other shoes (Alden, Allen Edmunds, EG), but Church's were the only shoe that didn't bother my low arch.

So there you have it. If you want more details (or beg for better photos), I'll do my best.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a pretty nice black plain cap-toe. Certainly a nicer last than the black plain cap-toe from Church's I bought 20 years ago and still have ('Balmoral', maybe?). Wouldn't wear them with jeans, though.

Last edited:

Northampton Novice

Reaction score

Those are some of the sleekest Church's shoes I've seen to date. Excellent choice.

Agreed.

Popped into Church on Jermyn today and pleasantly surprised by a few of their sleeker looking lasts. The quality of their calf is also very good.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I happen to be selling these but am not trying to thread jack - rather, I'm concuring with the general Church's appreciation and noting that these Churches are my absolute favorite "black" dress shoe. I just love the streamlined brogue'ing and the last shape.

I'd pay a handsome price to get the exact same pair in my freakin' size!!! :brick:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I tried on other shoes (Alden, Allen Edmunds, EG), but Church's were the only shoe that didn't bother my low arch.

you're proud of flat feet?

Ducc

Reaction score
Proud? Why would you think I'm proud of that? No, I'm just noting that for people with flat feet, these shoes seem to work. If I had known that several months ago, it would have saved me a lot of time.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Proud? Why would you think I'm proud of that? No, I'm just noting that for people with flat feet, these shoes seem to work. If I had known that several months ago, it would have saved me a lot of time.

because you said so and you're insisting that flat feet are a given thing that has to be accepted.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

because you said so and you're insisting that flat feet are a given thing that has to be accepted.

You have a cure, Fritz? :bounce2:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've never tried on a pair of shoes that didn't seem to have been made for someone with a low arch.

Ducc

Reaction score

I've never tried on a pair of shoes that didn't seem to have been made for someone with a low arch.

Lucky.

I have a small arch, but AE and Alden's both, were too high. I was going to replace the Alden's arch with a lower one, but the sales guy told me that was silly. "Keep shopping till they're comfortable" he said. Good guy, that guy.

Last edited:

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the point of this thread?

The Lamports look nice and we're working on a cure for flat feet. Care to contribute to the cause? :happy:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads