1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Church's Lamport

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ducc, Jan 10, 2012.

1. TheTukker

TheTukker Senior member

I actually posed the question in a rhetorical way, but I'll play:

[​IMG]

2. Ducc

Ducc Member

I spent a ridiculous amount of time researching plain, cap-toe shoes before I bought these. Somehow, StyleForum posts came up often, so I thought this was the place to post more data.

So that's the point of the thread. More data. Let the thread die, and it'll still come up in Google. Good enough for me.

Also, thanks NORE and Kaplan and Northampton Novice, for the comments. As a seasoned Internet user, I shouldn't have been distracted by the trolls. But I did.

3. simondg

simondg Active Member

The shoes look good. Looks like a very good fit as well. Cheers

4. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

you're the troll, period.

5. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

fritzl, I don't think I've ever read a shoe-based thread on SF where you don't try to start a fight. You have a wealth of knowledge to offer, but your attitude makes you look like a massive dick.

6. hanskl

hanskl Senior member

+1

7. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

well, taking care of this man's health makes me a dick? you're very welcome. many thanks.

8. Blackhood

Blackhood Senior member

Please, highlight any post where you offered advice, added something constructive or said anything other than words designed to start a fight. I would like to believe that you're better than this, but it is a worrying trend recently...

9. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

well, there's a saying in my country. wie man in den wald hineinruft, so hallt es zurück, something like: how you shout out into the woods, it will come back. the other one is: if you shout out, you should be able to stand/handle the echo, right? this guy refused to take advice so he didn't receive one. if, one plays it nice, e.g. glenjay, burton, northhampton novice, sstomcat, just to name a few, he will get an answer. if you act like a tool, you won't. pretty easy, its like irl when in a face to face situation, right?

besides, there's a lot of drum beating around these places - agreed, not from the op - whilst almost all of this people are pretty clueless, they act like big stars. well, i don't see too much harm to tickle them a bit, right?

10. SHS

SHS Senior member

¨

I was looking for pictures of the shoe in question. Your post helped me, so thank you for that.

11. Pierce Pyneda

Pierce Pyneda Member

don't see that in his comment. if you're just trying to be nasty, you have succeeded, dodo head!

12. razl

razl Senior member

Necro snark on a fourth post. Classy.

Bonus points for "dodo head".

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012