• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Church's Grafton

dreamtripper

Reaction score
The regular retail price that I've seen in the US is $720. Is there anywhere to purchase at a decent discount? I know my size so online, overseas is fine. Thanks!

Btw - I'm looking for a UK 9F

edit: I have looked on-line and the best deals I've found are from some merchandisers in the UK, but not at a significant discount to the the $720.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lexmann
They offer free worldwide delivery on full price Church's.

The burgundy crup leather is really pricey:

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...electedFitID=0

My Burgundy Crup pair are the nearest thing to a multi-purpose shoe - I wear them with jeans and also blue & grey suits. Not often one can say that - so worth bearing in mind when thinking value for money.

Also check Ebay.co.uk = Graftons come up quite often both new and used.

dreamtripper

Reaction score
I first bought the black polished binder locally. I didn't really care for the polished binder looks, so returned those pair.

Next I ordered an Ebony Calf version from Herring thinking Ebony meant black. Evidently, it's really dark brown. (Does anyone have this color? Any opinions on it?)

I really wanted a regular finish Black Calf which was very difficult to find. Herring had a black calf with a Dainite sole so I got those also.

So, now I have 2 Graftons coming my way! One (the ebony), I don't really want. I am hoping the color turns out to be better than in the on-line pictures.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gq-nyfw55.jpg

SimonC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lexmann
They offer free worldwide delivery on full price Church's.

The burgundy crup leather is really pricey:

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produc...electedFitID=0

Wow, I paid £75 for my pair from a consignment store. I'd second Champagne though, they're very versatile. Perhaps a little too chunky for wear with a suit, but still acceptable in most situations.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
gq-nyfw55.jpg

From the current Prada collection: the lovechild between "˜Graftons' and espadrilles.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yeah, I got a deal in a half on a pair in black and I thought they were way to chunky for a suit. I wear fairly slim trousers so it looked like I had cinder blocks attached to my feet and I was about to jump into the East River.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the correct name of the wingtips such as the Graftons ?

I believe Loake and Barker are also making this design, at a much more affordable price.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well some people might call them a "short-wing", but the little flap by the throat and the brogueing that goes straight back from there Alden calls the "Atom".

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
What is the correct name of the wingtips such as the Graftons ?
BrogueShoes calls this style "Galosh" http://www.brogueshoes.co.uk/Galosh-Brogues.html "Galosh brogues (or galosh cut brogues) have a more or less horizontal line of brogueing around the quarters and the heel at a level where the top of a galosh would have come up to"

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well i have to say i have a pair of Graftons and they are built like tanks, took a while to break in but are as good as the day i got them. They shine up great and to be honest i cant knock Church's at all. Out of all the shoes/boots i have these probably get most "what are they and where did you get them?" comments. Thumbs up from me
fight[1].gif
thumbs-up.gif

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Just a word of caution on the crup (which is, of course, shell cordovan). I have Lancaster and Shannon (the other two storm welted "heavy" Church's in the range) in crup and they welt horribly when wet.

I'm not sure what shell Church's uses but my experience of them is although they look nice when polished and are comfortable, they are high-maintenance if you live in a damp climate.

I got so peeved with crup that I got my Graftons in black binder (nowhere near as bad as people would have you believe).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads