• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Church's Appreciation Thread

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I can actually find such laces at the regular shoe store, what I am after are the original pair of Church's laces made for Ryder chukkas in Brown Suede.

I emailed Church's through their website a few years ago when needing replacement laces for my Sahara boots and they sent them to me free of charge. Very nice customer service.

FromToronto

Reaction score
Hi, i have never seen church’s make shoes for prada. i have only seen church’s make shoes for jil sander which also own by prada group.

i can see that the prada shoes is made from book binder leather. personally i will stay away from book binder leather. i wont explain why, but in short book binder is second quality leather.

the churchs shoes dubai use better type of leather which is full grain with goodyear construction. its the best shoes of the 3. However the price on this retailer seems high.

zegna have have 3 lines. Zegna basic, main line and couture. none of them are good value. The only Line with good quality shoes is couture which carry goodyear c. The shoes in the link im sure they use analine dye leather with glued construction or atleast blake stitch.

most impotant is to buy what u like. Good luck with ur purchase
Thanks very much for your insights! Very useful information.
The price from that site is Canadian dollars, even then, is it expensive for Church’s? What’s the price range in USD I should look for?

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I emailed Church's through their website a few years ago when needing replacement laces for my Sahara boots and they sent them to me free of charge. Very nice customer service.

Thanks for letting me know!

Will try that!

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keeping me cosy during the lockdown - Church's Kerman sheepskin slippers:

Church's.jpg

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, i have never seen church’s make shoes for prada. i have only seen church’s make shoes for jil sander which also own by prada group.

i can see that the prada shoes is made from book binder leather. personally i will stay away from book binder leather. i wont explain why, but in short book binder is second quality leather.

the churchs shoes dubai use better type of leather which is full grain with goodyear construction. its the best shoes of the 3. However the price on this retailer seems high.

zegna have have 3 lines. Zegna basic, main line and couture. none of them are good value. The only Line with good quality shoes is couture which carry goodyear c. The shoes in the link im sure they use analine dye leather with glued construction or atleast blake stitch.

most impotant is to buy what u like. Good luck with ur purchase

Don’t forget Zegna x Gaziano & Girling. A London exclusive.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working from home - actually being based at home rather than just deciding to work here occasionally - demands that I pay the same attention to 'house shoes' as I would pay to my normal footwear. The same need to clean and polish, the same care to ensure a good rotation.

This morning I enjoyed spending time polishing two of my older pairs of Church's slippers - brown Ajax that are around four years old and black Hercules that are probably 15 years old:

Church's Ajax Herc.jpg

Church's 03 2020.jpg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Working from home - actually being based at home rather than just deciding to work here occasionally - demands that I pay the same attention to 'house shoes' as I would pay to my normal footwear. The same need to clean and polish, the same care to ensure a good rotation.

This morning I enjoyed spending time polishing two of my older pairs of Church's slippers - brown Ajax that are around four years old and black Hercules that are probably 15 years old:

View attachment 1363779

View attachment 1363780
Now that’s proper gentlemen’s attire there.

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1363779

View attachment 1363780
Very nice. May I ask how you maintained the soles over the years? I have these in pigskin. They have a rather delicate looking sole.

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. May I ask how you maintained the soles over the years? I have these in pigskin. They have a rather delicate looking sole.
The Hercules have a hard brown colour, leather sole and, as they are only worn indoors, they have not needed any repair. I did buy some new insole or ‘socks’ for them and my local Church’s stockist had them fitted.

The Ajax have a kind of sand colour, hard and brushed leather sole that I just rough-up with a suede brush. Again, I don’t wear them outdoors.

My suede-soled Kermans are a nightmare on the other hand. How do people maintain a suede sole?

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Continuing with my shoeshinning.

Brand: Church's
Model: Cowes
Supplier: Herrings
Last: 173
Colour: Walnut calf

Note: Another shoe in the 173 last, a quite unusual model bought from Herrings. All my shoes from Church's are from the Custom Grade line, awsome shoes in every aspect.

IMG_8939.JPG
IMG_8941.JPG
IMG_8945.JPG

Muratyavuz

Reaction score
Hello everyone my name is Murat from Istanbul/Turkey and I am the new member of this forum.
I have a couple of Church's that I know their model name but I didn't read one of it's name that written with handwriting.
I thought you can help me with read it. Thank you for helping me.

IMG_20200411_134831_mh1586602431335.jpg
IMG_20200411_134929.jpg

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Continuing with my brushing activities, some suede from Church's.

Brand: Church's
Model: Consul
Supplier: Herrings
Last: 173
Sole: Leather
Colour: Dark brown

Note: Another shoe in the 173 last, this suede oxford is a winner, I hope I can find a pair in snuff colour at a reasonable price, something not usual and not reasonable.

IMG_9456.JPG
IMG_9457.JPG
IMG_9458.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads