• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Church's Appreciation Thread

JUAN MANUEL

Reaction score
Your
What do you guys think of Church's 168 LAST. Do any of you own it? Would love to see picture of your shoes.

View attachment 1645859

This is a picture that Church's post on twitter. At least for me it looks interestingly good because I never like square toe shoes before. Model name is FAIRSTEAD.

View attachment 1645874

A month later I manage to purchase a pair full brogue wingtip in the 168 LAST. Not the same model with the first picture but they are made from the same last. I like the fact they only have 5 eyelets, I prefer it rather than 6.

View attachment 1645871

Hope you guys can see the shape of the last. What do you guys think? are they too square and boxy?

View attachment 1645868

The leather is Bookbinder not polished binder, Church's says bookbinder fume has a rub off finish which is polished to give a depth of colour, showing highlights. (This is what they say when I email them asking about bookbinder fume leather)

View attachment 1645869

Model name is FARMCOTE, can't find any references of them on the web. Size is 100 F

View attachment 1645870

Leather sole. You can see that they are definitely post prada, not that it matters.

View attachment 1645866View attachment 1645867 View attachment 1645872

Here they are next to my CHETWYND in 173 LAST size 100 G

The colour of the shoes actually change dramatically when expose to light. I know any object will look brighter in bright light, but this shoes change from reddish brown to yellowish brown. Does that make sense?

That's all folks. If you have shoes from church's 168 LAST and shoes with church's binder leather, please post them! I think it will be interesting to see how the shoes aged.
Your Chetwynd in 173 are superb! Congrats

DrNik

Reaction score
Hi, this may not be the appropriate forum but I have a pair of Caldecott 2 suede which I would like to swap for same or similar in a larger size. Mine are UK10 and in excellent condition with spare laces and box. Love them, just a fraction small and so rarely wear. Selling would be next option. I’m located in Australia.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.