• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Church's 119 last Royal Collection

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a new member and have some problems with the different church's last. I allready looked through every post in the Styleforum about church's last, and now I understand the difference between church's main lasts (110-173-73..) but I found a very nice pair of shoes on the 119 last and don't know anything about this last.

What I would like to know is how wide this last is in UK 10G fitting. I do not have a church's shop nearby so I can't go out and try the shoes on.

I wear a 10G on the 173 and 73 last, but still find these shoes a bit too narrow. I can live with it, but I hope the 119 last i equally wide or even wider.

Also, inside the shoes I found on the internet, it reads: 100 G 119/2. What does the 2 at the end stands for?

Thanks for any information,

Tom

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I contacted Herringshoes about the 173, 100 and 93 last, and this is what they said:

Dear Sir
The last 100 is the widest last (more rounded in the toe) next is the 173 slightly more pointy and then last 93 sleeker and more pointy than the last 173

EBugatti

Reaction score
First, there is no 93 last that I am aware of.

In my view, you have the following:

104 > 81 > 100 > 173 >= 119 = 73

My experience is the 119 fits more or less like the 173/73 and the 100 is only very slightly wider (but practically splitting hairs). The 81 and 104 are wider.

Notch

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for that!

the 93 is the last one of their most beatiful (IMO) loafers is made on, the Darwin.

What I was actually looking for, is the widest fitting shoe of church's. I know they have a H fit as well, but only on a very limited number of lasts.

What would be the widest fitting last of church's? The 104 and the 81?

I could not however find any shoe made on the 104 last.

Tom

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.