• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chukkas -- do I need them?

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm

lobb double monk chukkas - for tha chukistis =)

LOL @ 'chukistis'... a new forum subgroup is born!

bigskydream

Reaction score
What do you guys think of this new Chukka from Allen Edmonds:
DSC_4712.jpg

DSC_4715.jpg

DSC_4716.jpg

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don't "need" them - few items are specifically necessary but they can be nice to have.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those AEs look like the shoes of a really fat person. If that makes sense...

Lulworth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigskydream
What do you guys think of this new Chukka from Allen Edmonds:
DSC_4712.jpg

DSC_4715.jpg

DSC_4716.jpg

IMHO the uppers look a little lumpy on that rubber sole; the facings seem to come too low to give a flattering shape to the vamp. I think a chukka must be as finely, elegantly shaped and detailed as possible to conterbalance its bootiness. Or am i crazy?

I would say one needs a pair of chukkas. But not these ones.

dv3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IBJanky, check these out: C&J Tetbury Similar to the ones you quoted on the previous page. I am considering them myself.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those AEs look similar to the ones you see from Alden. I lean toward a sleeker chukka for dressier purposes, but that sort of traditional round toe strikes me as fine as well, if a bit more casual.

Those, I imagine, will look much better once well worn in.

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my Tricker's from retricker for the first time today. I'm very happy with them.

DSC_0082-1.jpg

DSC_0084-1.jpg

DSC_0086-1.jpg

DrZRM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, glad you didn't notice them on ebay.

evanrose

Reaction score
The last time I saw Robert Godley I almost put in an order for a pair of Green's just like these, but I was in Odin the other day and found these Grenson's with Dainite soles for $135 and snapped 'em up. This slightly edited iPhone pic isn't doing them justice, but then again, they're pretty simple.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
Thanks, glad you didn't notice them on ebay.
I keep an eye out for what David lists as I've wanted a pair of Tricker's for a while now. Now that I bought the test pair (for sale in my sig) I can go full steam ahead! Really waiting for him to list a pair of Epsoms.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evanrose
The last time I saw Robert Godley I almost put in an order for a pair of Green's just like these, but I was in Odin the other day and found these Grenson's with Dainite soles for $135 and snapped 'em up. This slightly edited iPhone pic isn't doing them justice, but then again, they're pretty simple.

Those look handsome. How's the quality? Do they have more?

If they do have more, do they ship, or is anyone willing to proxy a pair of US 9?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads