• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chukka Material/Color Recommendation

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9us shouldn't look clownish. Generally I'd recommend brown suede, but it'd be useful to know what you already have and what you want them for.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always associate Chukka's with suede, even though calf is fine.

If suede, a nice rich dark brown.

If calf, black.

A.L.Z.

Reaction score
Today, I picked up an identical pair of these black suede Tods:
!Bf6HjE!Bmk~$(KGrHqIOKkIErygVWNZSBLDG3IY3zw~~_3.JPG
We'll see how to look--I'll try to post a photo while being worn, perhaps by tomorrow...

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slickman
Something I can wear with jeans to replace wearing nike dunks that will withstand abuse if I go out in them
If you hadn't said this, I would have said the same thing as everyone else: dark brown suede... BUT...since you mentioned this, I would suggest dark brown calf or cordovan. Both of these can take more abuse without looking beat up. Obviously this is only a factor if you live somewhere where the weather is an issue...aka not Los Angeles. If you're in LA, pick whatever you want. If you want this to be your everyday shoe that you can beat up and wear in all weather, get calf or cordovan. Cordovan is usually way more durable than calf but I usually associate it with more of a dressy attire...that might just be me.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slickman
Looks like I'll go with dark brown suede, which type of boot would u recommend for black leather, casual not balmoral or anything like that

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Chelsea.

Definitely Chelsea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads