Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Chucks vs GTs vs Desert Boots vs Sperrys

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TyCooN, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

I don't have any of those; I don't even know what a GTS is.

2. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

I look at the feet of the five previous posters in WAYWT. Whatever is worn most, I wear.

3. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

While they're technically not chucks, vans authentics are within the same canvas category. They are my favorite and most worn shoe because they're so versatile. I have three pairs in white, blue, and brown and wear them just about everywhere, even to work on occasion. The white pair are beginning to get just the right amount of dirty. Perfect for going to shows. I just wish the winter hadn't been so harsh this year, or they would have been worn more.

I just recently started wearing Sperrys as my "work" shoe, and they've been great so far. They go well with chinos, but I'm reluctant to wear them with my APC NS's. Perhaps when the warmer spring days come around, I'll cuff the jawns a bit to show a little ankle.

As far as desert boots are concerned, I'm still waiting to buy a pair. They'll probably be my next splurge on a new shoe purchase.

Red Wings are a bit too pricey at the moment. Plus, winter will soon be behind us. I'll wait until next fall to pull the trigger on a pair of those.

4. rapdancin

rapdancin Senior member

to be honest i find converse to be pretty low quality and prefer vans authentics as well

i've had a pair of purcells rip right through the bottom, and the bottom seems to be coming off on my chucks now too :/

5. Jokerman

Jokerman Senior member

I just bought my first pair of sperry's and about to buy another in navy. I also recently purchased a new pair of chucks. Sure chucks arent highest of quality but I mean come on they are not that expensive and last long enough.

6. Deluks917

Deluks917 Senior member

Desert boots look the least like normal folk peasant wear despite being cheap.

7. Racove

Racove Senior member

Alternate daily according to season. DB & GT in fall/winter. CT & STS in spring/summer.

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

to be honest i find converse to be pretty low quality and prefer vans authentics as well

i've had a pair of purcells rip right through the bottom, and the bottom seems to be coming off on my chucks now too :/

yeah i would pick vans slip ons and authentics over chucks any day for look and comfort!

i dont like that whole toe cap nonsense

9. jordansmith123

jordansmith123 Senior member

I wear PF Flyers, it's very comfortable. I wear my black and white one all the time.

10. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

i dont like that whole toe cap nonsense

Agreed.

11. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

While they're technically not chucks, vans authentics are within the same canvas category. They are my favorite and most worn shoe because they're so versatile. I have three pairs in white, blue, and brown and wear them just about everywhere, even to work on occasion. The white pair are beginning to get just the right amount of dirty. Perfect for going to shows. I just wish the winter hadn't been so harsh this year, or they would have been worn more.

do you have true white or that off white? i feel like getting true white is like having nurse shoes or something. and then again i dont want to get them all dirty at once either haha

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

i took off my authentics shoe laces and lost them, I need to go out and buy a pair of laces.

for some reason though I have been liking low top shucks more than van authentics, maybe its because everyone around here wears authentics.

13. whacked

whacked Senior member

It all depends on situations and what else you're wearing.

On another note, yet another worthless Tycoon thread. You're like the merkur of SW&D.

14. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

do you have true white or that off white? i feel like getting true white is like having nurse shoes or something. and then again i dont want to get them all dirty at once either haha

Hmm, it's been a while, but I think they were the off-white. When I bought them I didn't realize there was a difference. There's a Vans outlet near my parents house, so I pick up authentics if they ever make it to clearance.