1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Chuck Taylors: White or off-white?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Brigden, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Mrs. Savage

Mrs. Savage Senior member Affiliate Vendor

personally I think that the off white is the better way to go. IMO it will go with more things and not look so "new" like the bright white ones. I think the bright white would be better as a spring/summer shoe.

2. xchen

xchen Senior member

As many have said the white ones get really dirty and look better that way, but I still think I am one of the only people on here who opts for both.

3. Philosoph

Philosoph Senior member

I would wear both, but at least when they're new I think that the Optical White ones are the footwear equivalent of a startlingly over-whitened smile.

4. Becky Rosaly

Becky Rosaly New Member

Go with the "white" ones if hes a fan of dr who, because then he can say he has the exact same shoes as the 10th doctor has. optical white if he like a more brighter colored shoe.

5. MrGimpy

MrGimpy Senior member

Doubletap. One in the head.

6. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I fucks only with off-white Chucks.
    True white Chucks remind of some Payless Shoe Source steez.

7. eowynroh

eowynroh New Member

Thank you! I was wondering the same, because my toddler requested white. But when I went shopping, there was only the stark white to choose from. With the growth spurt that happened over night, I didn't have as much time to wait for more options.

So, I will remove the laces and make a bath of black tea to dye them in to get the same unbleached look that I wanted. I need to antique some papers from a book as well, so this works out well.

8. BB11

BB11 Member

My old account must have been deactivated, but to answer. Unbleached if you want to do it right (off white). Optical white, to me is an abomination and U.S. A new color. Cons need to be unbleached white or black if you are going for the cool factor. I have been wearing cons for over 50 years so my rules may not fit your needs. Black high tops with red laces are also acceptable. Sorry, I am a snob about cons, still have one made in USA pair in the closet boxed and two other. Like a fool I sold 3 pair on eBay years ago.

9. huckfin

huckfin Member

Mine started out white and are now somewhere between a beige, yellow, and brown. Hard to clean. Might try off-white for my next pair.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015