• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chuck Bass: Fashion Icon?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopamine
Indeed. Television production budgets are usually fairly small - there is would be no reason for a show to needlessly spend an extra $800 on a prop when a cheaper one would suffice.

With all the wear on the sole of the shoes it is possible that they are his own.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sarto
ed_westwick.jpg

Black-clad background person 1: "oh yeah man check that chuck bass out. so hawt. oh yeah. so hawwwt. I mean, lavender pants! what a fashion icon. i want to be the eurydice to his orpheus. i want to be the heathcliff to his catherine. i want to go rectum spelunking with him. i want to fill his man cave with my meat. i want to sink him with my pink torpedo. i want to redecorate his interior."
Black-clad background person 2: "tee hee hee! oh **** look - my latte's cold."

bcx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopamine
Indeed. Television production budgets are usually fairly small - there is would be no reason for a show to needlessly spend an extra $800 on a prop when a cheaper one would suffice.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

jordanfsu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
anyone ID these shoes? They appear to have a waist. I'm shocked they would use something so expensive.
archibald-and-bass.jpg

I really want these shoes.. anyone recognize them or know of some that are strikingly similar?

neyus

Reaction score
I've watched this show a few times. I generally dislike everything this guy wears except for the blazers and stripe ties. I don't really like the character. He beds hot women left, right and centre but when I look at this guy pouting I think this guy can't possibly be straight.

videocrew

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
anyone ID these shoes? They appear to have a waist. I'm shocked they would use something so expensive.

archibald-and-bass.jpg

Chace Crawford is wearing an IWC Big Pilot. They've zoomed in on it in other episodes. Their commitment to character-appropriate costuming goes a lot deeper than expensive shoes.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by videocrew
Chace Crawford is wearing an IWC Big Pilot. They've zoomed in on it in other episodes. Their commitment to character-appropriate costuming goes a lot deeper than expensive shoes.
I'm not sure I follow- why is the IWC any more character appropriate than any other expensive watch for Nate? Also, PM me if you want to know Chuck's watch

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is an interesting style and refreshing to see on one so young. But considering he is a fictional character and is styled by someone else I would hardly consider him an icon.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watch the show for leighton meester but I like chucks style and how hes formally dressed when everyone is not.

dl

Thebomb85019

Reaction score
I never watched the show (odd I have a Chuck Bass avatar though), but I know they were really expensive clothes (Lanvin, BoO, etc.) from reading blogs. I am sure they have stylist team who already have all of the clothes and rent or lend it to the cast for the show.

Exit English

Reaction score
Ive read a few interviews with different actors from the show and they said that a lot of the clothes they wear on the show they get to keep afterwards. Im pretty sure that the producers want the actors to look the part even when they are off set. Im sure that Chuck Bass has worn those shoes on more than one episode.

super

Reaction score
chuck bass is ******* cool man!

only he can pull it off and most people just envy that he's a ****!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads