• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chuck Bass: Fashion Icon?

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure its a chick show, but I go to fashion school, so Gossip Girl is a religion. The shows stylist is good friends with a teacher/co-worker of mine and I think he does an amazing job styling one of the characters.... comments?

chuck-waits.jpg

archibald-and-bass.jpg

a-dapper-fellow.jpg

chuck-and-jack-bass_521x814.jpg

man-on-a-mission.jpg

tough-bluck.jpg

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha, I would say the last one is whimsical

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Highly punchable face.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by James Bond
Highly punchable face.

I noticed it too, his style looks great but his looks have a lot of effect. Because of his face he can pull off a lot of these outfits but if for example he was chubby or just ugly the whole thing would look like a big joke.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The character and dress require a toughness beyond the act. James Dean could play that character. The Duke could play that character. Johnny Depp could even play that character.

You know if he even sipped that scotch he'd be hugging porcelain.

I like the styling but it's for the wrong person.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
it's not like he picks his own clothes out

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone ID these shoes? They appear to have a waist. I'm shocked they would use something so expensive.

archibald-and-bass.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd wager that your school has a lot of homosexualists adapting that kind of look. Nothing says fashion school like a bunch of flouncy degenerates imitating a TV show.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought this was a thread about the politician from New Hampshire,

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
anyone ID these shoes? They appear to have a waist. I'm shocked they would use something so expensive.

archibald-and-bass.jpg

Well in the show his family is one of the richest in New York, why would they not use something so expansive.

I'd wager that your school has a lot of homosexualists adapting that kind of look. Nothing says fashion school like a bunch of flouncy degenerates imitating a TV show.
I guess you've never gone to school in the immigrant part of Toronto or some wrong places in NY. There are some MUCH worse clothing choices, at least here the character pulls of the look. The widely imitated Eminem looks like a *** by himself, what do you think it makes people who unsuccessfully try to imitate him.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
I guess you've never gone to school in the immigrant part of Toronto or some wrong places in NY. There are some MUCH worse clothing choices, at least here the character pulls of the look. The widely imitated Eminem looks like a *** by himself, what do you think it makes people who unsuccessfully try to imitate him.

Sarcasm, my dear boy. I dress like a sexually ambiguous expensive nerd most of the time so I'm one to criticize.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by likeitaloud
Well in the show his family is one of the richest in New York, why would they not use something so expansive.

Because TV show budgets don't have room for $1000 shoes that will be used in a single episode unless they are gifted or discounted for promotional purposes. Also, durability isn't an issue so things that won't last forever are OK.

Take a look at a show like entourage where people on SF hare thoroughly dissected the wardrobes. Ari's character would probably wear more expensive pieces and more MTM than he is shown in--it is just much easier for stylists to come up with RTW garments.

Peon

Reaction score
I like this show, we need more shows with nice clothes.

likeitaloud

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Because TV show budgets don't have room for $1000 shoes that will be used in a single episode unless they are gifted or discounted for promotional purposes. Also, durability isn't an issue so things that won't last forever are OK.

Take a look at a show like entourage where people on SF hare thoroughly dissected the wardrobes. Ari's character would probably wear more expensive pieces and more MTM than he is shown in--it is just much easier for stylists to come up with RTW garments.

"Friends" cast got payed a million/episode. Are you telling me in light of this a show can't afford a 1000$ pair of shoes to use in a single episode? Besides they will be sold at 3,000 after the show is done, possibly giving the show good rep as the profits can be donated to charity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads