• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE FW2014

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like the wrap around shawl collar shirts (Look 13, 26, and 27).
Kaftan as well as a few of the other reworked outerwear pieces appear to have a flap pocket this time around, not sure I like it.
Plenty of gabardine fabrics in this collection, and the boots look good too.

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what this wrap/scarf/cape-thing is, but I really want it

Last edited:

baklanyc

Reaction score

Really like the wrap around shawl collar shirts (Look 13, 26, and 27).

I think that's just the latest iteration of his draped open cardigan, just worn tucked in as a surplice-wrap shirt.

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/item10540875.aspx

It was shown like that in previous collections too IIRC, but most retailers just showed it (like Farfetch did) as a plain old open cardigan. I recall a version back in FW 2012, so he's holding true to his method of just updating things slightly each season,

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last pickup for this season (I think):

but in the runway color (bit darker in person).

Really great piece with the subtle details that I can enjoy (darted elbows for example). The cotton shell is treated (not sure with what) but should help with some of the rainy days here...body lined in wool/cashmere mix so adds a bit of warmth. I sized down as usual, and someone commented that it still looked fairly large on my frame (cool with me). The coat has a nice fishtail parka side profile look. Only thing that surprised me not having handled it in person before is that it has concealed cinched sleeves, which of all the tops I have, is probably the most restricting added detail to this particular outerwear. I wish it was not cinched so that the possible jacket you'd wear underneath can have its sleeve fall naturally instead of being caught in the ribbing. Another thing is no snap buttons, which is fine as I can appreciate the handwork going into the button fastening closing (both patch pockets and the concealed center placket, doubt I'll use it a lot). Of course the single chest pocket is a snap button for easy access to your cell phone etc. Overall, it's exactly what I'd imagine being a more robust coat for harsher weather conditions in comparison to the Kaftan (Kaftan is probably warmer). The FW15 iteration of the parka looks to be of softer material, but that could be just one option to choose from. Now to hang it up after being in its tiny delivery box for 1.5 weeks @ LA customs :censored:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After wearing the grey kaftan coat a few times I just want to buy the black one too. Talk me out of it...

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do it

A bit annoyed that trousers are fitting me large. I blame it on not going to the gym / stopped squatting...lost a bit of mass in my legs, hip, and rear. If you like a little more volume with a tapered leg, there are quite a few options available this season that are left over.

Last edited:

baklanyc

Reaction score

After wearing the grey kaftan coat a few times I just want to buy the black one too. Talk me out of it...

If it's on sale somewhere in your size, why not? It's a great piece.

baklanyc

Reaction score

If it's on sale somewhere in your size, why not? It's a great piece.
This is literally the opposite of what I was looking for :fu:

I know. I'm personally being facetious, as well as living out my own Lemaire fantasies, because I want that coat too but can't bring myself to buy two Lemaires this season.

If it's any help, I once had a conversation with a designer friend, and we talked about loving an item of clothing so much that we bought a second copy, thinking that we wore the original item so much (in my case, it was a pair of well-cut trousers) that having a second pair would preserve the favorite and allow us to wear it twice as much. We both ended up with the same conclusion: having two of the same item made BOTH of them feel less special, and we ended up wearing less of them altogether.

Mulan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I recall, Diane Pernet (a shaded view on fashion) buys six or seven copies of a garment she really likes.

Last edited:

DariaW

Reaction score
May I ask you which size you have this kaftan coat from Lemaire and how tall you are? Sorry to ask about the height, but need to compare to the one I intend to buy; the problem is that I can´t send it back, so it must fit perfectly.
Thanks a lot in advance

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Links/suggestions for aforementioned roomier trousers?

TBH all of Lemaire's pleated trousers and probably the cinch back trouser are quite voluminous.

I returned the black wool pleated trousers on The Corner.

I was about to return the lambswool pleated trousers in the brown mix until I tried it again and liked the way it fit on me. IMO a lot of his trousers look best with a good hem, minimal break. Adds to the carrot shape silhouette.

DariaW

Reaction score
Did anyone know which is the different of sizing from woman´s and man´s Lemaire garment; and here I am talking about the same piece (like woman´s and man´s kaftan): Is it possible that the woman´s FR38 equals man´s FR44?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads