1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE FW2014

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Jan 19, 2014.

1. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I think the kaftan coat should of kept the buttons out. Much cleaner

Interested to see what else is going to get picked up. Really like those luxe wool l/s tees

2. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

@Neighbour
    Question regarding your pick up of the black Kaftan/Kafka (as your site has put it) coat.

The one your boutique has picked up is a plain black wool correct? or is it a black tweed, and I can't see? It appears that there are a few combinations there were available to buyers, Grey/Khaki Green?/Black + Plain /Tweed. I ask, because out of four boutiques that has had their first shipment from Lemaire so far (yours included) it appears that the tweed version of this coat isn't as thick/heavily padded looking.

As for Look #16, was this cardigan jacket part of your buy? doesn't seem like any stockist picked up on it. :(

3. Bam!ChairDance

Bam!ChairDance Senior member

From the close-up pic, it looks like a smooth flannel. Luisa has the tweed

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  4. Bam!ChairDance

PSA for anyone who doesn't know-- Lemaire switched from his wonky numerical sizing to standard euro sizing this season.

Which means, when older stuff pops up on the secondary market, only a select few will know what those numbers mean. I feel so special.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

Yea, the LVR one had me a bit confused since it was also black.
    Waiting to see what Suspension point picked up other than the grey tweed kaftan, and the black quilted cotton bachette.

6. Neighbour

Neighbour Senior member

Hi @Smileforum,

Sorry for the late response. You're right, the coat is in plain black wool rather than tweed. The padding you mentioned is included in the center shawl/button placket panel. Otherwise, the rest of the torso, sleeves and rear are constructed of flat black wool.

We did not pick up the cardigan jacket this season unfortunately. Let us know if you need anything else!

7. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

Thanks for clearing that up.

8. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

Anyone knows where I could find some Lemaire stuff in NYC?
    Assembly seems to carry the brand, but other than that? Barneys?

9. Bam!ChairDance

It looks like Atelier will carry Lemaire when it re-opens this fall. Other than that, dunno.

10. Melbush

Melbush Senior member

I had no idea they were reopening? Where and when? (I mean something more precise than the fall?)

11. Bam!ChairDance

No clue, mang. Website doesn't give specifics. Their buys for spring and fall 2013 were pretty sweet, though, so my hopes are high

12. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

With him leaving Hermes, I've got such high hopes for FW15, I don't know if I should even buy whats out this season.

1 person likes this.
  13. Bam!ChairDance

FW13 still hasn't popped up on Yoox. Feels like this

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. Bam!ChairDance

So, I can't decide if I want a grey or black kaftan coat, and it's bothering me more than it should.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  15. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

Get the black one.
    I'm trying to decide if I want that navy chambray shirt from this season or to try and get one of the jackets. Loving that sort of oversized silhouette.

16. Bam!ChairDance

Hmmm, why do you say black? I started leaning toward grey right before reading your post :tounge:

And yeah, his outerwear is usually really sick. You should def grab a jacket if you don't have one in your closet yet. Which one were you considering?

17. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I have 3 jackets, and a fourth coming in SS '15

They are indeed sick

2 people like this.
  18. TintoTerra

TintoTerra Senior member

I thought for that style of jacket, it would be more wearable in black, as the cut is already pretty dramatic so you'd retain some subtlety at the same time by using a more subdued color (though grey is of course subdued as well). I guess it depends on your existing wardrobe/style though. Get either one, or both. That coat is cool as hell as is the rest of this collection.

I especially like black leather jacket from this season as well as the work jacket, so I'm deciding on whether or not I should get one or both of them (or that shirt I mentioned above). I've already bought a few AW14 pieces that I haven't even worn yet, so I don't want to go too overboard this fall. haha.

Have you tried any of the trousers? They look cool modeled, but I wonder if they'd be baggy-looking on the 'average joe'.

19. Bam!ChairDance

Ooh, good point re: the dramatic cut. I just like the 'depth of color' of the grey tweed.

I haven't tried the trousers yet, but Toast has a few pairs IIRC

20. SmileForum

SmileForum Senior member

PICS!!!

Plain flannel black or tweed black? I understand the struggle. I've been going back and fourth on the two colors for over a month now.