• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Christmas gift for GF of one month?

nicad2000

Reaction score
Have been dating a girl for roughly a month now - what do you guys think an appropriate gift would be? Obviously I'm not too invested but would like to find something thoughful.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfume? Pretty much anything really, even jewelry is not out of line.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lotions and bath shit. Go to Bath and Bodyworks or something and find a nice gift basket. Girls eat that stuff up and you won't drop a bunch of change on her. One month is not long enough to do anything too crazy.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually if you know any of her quirky interests that would also be good, and probably better. Does she like Ringo Star? I was just watching 500 days of Summer

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will she be with you all day Christmas?

haiguise

Reaction score
read my sig (first quote)

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As soon as the trees began to shed, I thought about collecting leaves. Just imagined roaming around outside threading many leaves with a string and needle and collecting them. I have been considering eco-friendly gift ideas and a leaf necklace seemed interesting. You can choose the colors you want and size, probably smaller leaves for a necklace.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
As soon as the trees began to shed, I thought about collecting leaves. Just imagined roaming around outside threading many leaves with a string and needle and collecting them. I have been considering eco-friendly gift ideas and a leaf necklace seemed interesting. You can choose the colors you want and size, probably smaller leaves for a necklace.

QFT

How are the winter garden cake preparations going btw? I trust it is going to be raw this time...

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think a book, perfume, and/or cheap jewelry are your best bets.

scourage

Reaction score
tickets to a show or an event that she will like would be a good idea. If you give her something you don't really know if she'll like or use it and this way you get to have a nice date and you're showing you really want to spend time with her.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3

quoted for awesomeness

+++++

OP, find out (or recall) what she likes and work on that.

jenlain

Reaction score
perfume and bath shit are way too personal for a one-month relationship. keep it light fun (humorous if you can pull it off).

at this point in the relationship, spending enough to get a nice gift will be awkward (and spending too little makes you look cheap).

tickets are a nice idea, but if the show is several weeks away it makes the relationship seem like a bigger commitment and may scare her off.

I vote for a decent bottle of wine (no more than $50) that you drink immediately with her.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 74 17.1%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 143 32.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 35 8.1%