• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christian Kimber Appreciation Thread

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread for those of us to post pics of the Christian Kimber stuff we have. For those who don't know, Christian is Melbourne-based and has designed a lot of really cool footwear and accessories. Most recently, he did a collaboration with Eidos Napoli.

I'll kick off with these:

Shoes:

Squares
:

Scarf:

Tote:

Post some of yours and let's see some Kimber stuff in the wild!

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought his eidos collab brown suede jodhpurs because they are pretty much the perfect jodhpurs, and exactly what I was looking for in a pair.

thecool85

Reaction score
Bought his eidos collab brown suede jodhpurs because they are pretty much the perfect jodhpurs, and exactly what I was looking for in a pair.

I really do regret not picking those up while they were available in my size. Here's my contribution that I posted in the Eidos thread. I've got a pair of chukkas on the way and am looking to steadily expand my collection.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really do regret not picking those up while they were available in my size. Here's my contribution that I posted in the Eidos thread. I've got a pair of chukkas on the way and am looking to steadily expand my collection.
The chukkas are sweet. I had just bought some Meermin's in snuff suede (pictured in my pic with the rug above) before the CK's came into a price range I could've afforded to consider, otherwise I definitely would've gone for those.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@thecool85 , those look really nice - different enough from a penny, tassel or string loafer to stand out but not in a bad way. Are those olive suede?

IChen

Reaction score
Dang those green loafers look really nice! I was thinking about getting the grey tassels they have on sale on their website but wasn't 100% in love.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dang those green loafers look really nice! I was thinking about getting the grey tassels they have on sale on their website but wasn't 100% in love.

I'm still trying to work out what goes well with my grey suede chukkas. So far, dark blue denim and white denim seem to work well. What would you wear them with?

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really glad to see this thread. I have a bunch of Kimber stuff that I love - including shoes, wallet and pocket squares.
I seriously think the squares esp are some of the best in the world - great design, great fabric and so versatile.
I'll try to add some photos later, not that my standards are up to Gerry's.

thecool85

Reaction score
@thecool85 , those look really nice - different enough from a penny, tassel or string loafer to stand out but not in a bad way. Are those olive suede?

Thanks guys! I'm a big fan of Christian's work in general, but these loafers really made an impression on me. They are, indeed, olive suede. I also contemplated getting the grey tassels and I still may before it's all said and done. They seem like an excellent summer shoe to wear with a light colored denim and maybe a white polo or seersucker shirt. They'd go pretty well with white chinos or a really light stone/cream colored chino as well. I feel like the white and blue pinstripes help tie it in with colors that it wouldn't necessarily pair excellently with if it were all grey.

Last edited:

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my C Kimber wallet - Gerry has the same one but significantly thinner as he always has to shout me drinks.

I think Pink Socks also has the same one but I don't think his has ever been opened as he's Scottish.

Then again I should be careful about stereotyping the Scots as mean. There was a recent letter to a newspaper from an Aberdonian which read: "If you print any more jokes about mean Scotsmen I shall stop borrowing your paper!"

Last edited:

IChen

Reaction score
Nice color for a wallet. Nice pen as well! What is it?

IChen

Reaction score
I'm still trying to work out what goes well with my grey suede chukkas. So far, dark blue denim and white denim seem to work well. What would you wear them with?

Blue and jeans are definitely my favorite. Odd color chinos like burgundy also work in my opinion, just because the shoes sort of bring down the odd color of the pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads