• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Christian Dior? Still high-end? Or mediocre?

Jayhawk1412

Reaction score
Okay so I've been noticing a that there's a ton of Christian Dior all over department stores and eBay for very low prices.

I have always grown up with the impression that this was a very high-end brand.

Is Christian Dior comparable to Pierre Cardin?

Anyone want to shed some light on this? Please?

Thank you!

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean CD Monsieur or Dior Homme?

Jayhawk1412

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fcuknu
Do you mean CD Monsieur or Dior Homme?

Oh sorry, I meant Dior Homme

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have only seen DH in upstairs department stores and specialty store here in new york. I wouldnt trust anything on ebay to be real, usually if it comes from Asia and is priced very low it tends to be fake. Dior is on the lower end of the designer category in terms of pricing. They have some well priced items. You can go in there with 1000 bucks and actually come out with a couple of items.

dgsmza

Reaction score
Well, i currently live in argentina and dior is all over the place here, being sold at really low prices.... 200 bucks get you a suit - at the mall, that is. Quality is terrible, cuts are hideous and the fabrics dont compare with h&m suits. It's terrible.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is not Dior Homme, that is Dior that has been licensed out. Dior Homme is owned by LVMH. YSL and Dior are just two companies who originaly made great stuff, then decided to sell licenses to make their stuff and went to the *******. Both companies were able to buy back most of the licenses, but in South America a lot of that **** is still being made. My girlfriend works at YSL and has recieved complaints from customers because they purchased YSL items that suck or that they consider "fake".

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
lots of fakes out there, I would love a Dior Homme suit but I'd only purchase it at the DH store or from a reputable place like Barney's or Saks.

PocketCircle

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dior Homme is still high end and they produce quite possible some of the best quality jeans out there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads