1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Brown assaults Rihanna, looking at 9 years

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Connemara, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

What an idiot.

She's hawt and no he's never tapping that again.

Idiot.

Quoted for truth.

2. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

Are you saying that punching a woman doesn't make him low class? Or a piece of shit? Give me a break.

I'm saying that all you, me included, don't know anything about the situation and could even find yourself in a similar position (i.e fucking up your career). people do stupid things and if the Herpes rumor is true, then we can rest assured that many of the same man here would do way more damage. I'm not condoning his actions but neither am I calling him the devil. He is a 19 year old who lost his temper for unknown reasons.

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

I'm saying that all you, me included, don't know anything about the situation and could even find yourself in a similar position (i.e fucking up your career). people do stupid things and if the Herpes rumor is true, then we can rest assured that many of the same man here would do way more damage. I'm not condoning his actions but neither am I calling him the devil. He is a 19 year old who lost his temper for unknown reasons.

We know he hit her, which in my mind is enough to call him a piece of shit.
    To me, it doesn't matter if other people have done worse or would do worse. It just makes them bigger pieces of shit. It sucks for him that this may have fucked up his career, but I feel nothing even close to sympathy for someone who does things like this.

4. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

I know celebrities never go to jail when they hurt regular people, but celebrity on celebrity violence is different... I'm interested to see how this plays out.

5. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

We know he hit her, which in my mind is enough to call him a piece of shit.
    To me, it doesn't matter if other people have done worse or would do worse. It just makes them bigger pieces of shit. It sucks for him that this may have fucked up his career, but I feel nothing even close to sympathy for someone who does things like this.

Maybe it's a point of view I have gained through religion, but I believe you and I are not any better than him or above ever committing his actions. The opposite would be to say that you and I are morally superior to him and incapable of ever punching a woman. That to me is false and therefore limits our ability to judge. What the man did is a bad thing, no one is debating that, I just believe that unless you are incapable of making mistakes you should not be so extreme as to suggest that he deserves no sympathy for ruining his career because of a quick mistake who's consequence he did not foresee.

6. suited

suited Senior member

For all we know she attacked him and he "hit" her by defending himself. If a guy even pushes a girl away that's attacking him he's always accused of "hitting" her. Nobody knows what happened for sure at this time.

7. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

What an idiot.

She's hawt and no he's never tapping that again.

Idiot.

West Indian women are amazingly tolerant. He better hope she isn't too Americanized.

8. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

Maybe it's a point of view I have gained through religion, but I believe you and I are not any better than him or above ever committing his actions. The opposite would be to say that you and I are morally superior to him and incapable of ever punching a woman. That to me is false and therefore limits our ability to judge. What the man did is a bad thing, no one is debating that, I just believe that unless you are incapable of making mistakes you should not be so extreme as to suggest that he deserves no sympathy for ruining his career because of a quick mistake who's consequence he did not foresee.

HE BIT AND PUNCHED A WOMAN.

So no one should ever be judged on anything they ever do if it was a rash decision? The bottom line is that good people don't hit those weaker than them unless it's self-defense.

And ask yourself an honest question, would you be spouting this relatavistic bullshit if we were talking about Garth Brooks?

9. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

He is a faggot, and not in the gay sense. I do hope he gets some jail time, although I am sure charges won't be pressed, then he could spend some time biting pillows.

Someone should get Young Berg to kick his ass.

10. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

conne, now we can ride the rihanna train!

11. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

So no one should ever be judged on anything they ever do if it was a rash decision? The bottom line is that good people don't hit those weaker than them unless it's self-defense.

And ask yourself an honest question, would you be spouting this relatavistic bullshit if we were talking about Garth Brooks?

I was waiting to see who would bring up the issue of race, especially considering it holds little relevance.

12. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

If he really did do it, it is truly a classless act on his part. I hope the hammer comes down on him for it.

13. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Senior member

Further updates on Princess RiRi's condition!

Reports are target="_blank">now saying Rihanna's injuries are more acute than
    previously speculated.

As a result of whatever exactly went down on Sunday in the wee morning hours, the Umbrealla singer suffered: two "huge contusions" on both sides of her forehead, a bloody lip and bloody nose.

Definitely NOT okay!!!!

There are now doubts about the bites, but that doesn't make the situation any better!

One law enforcement officer compared Rihanna's injuries to "an MMA figher or something… [It] looked like she was growing devil's horns."

This keeps getting worse and worse!

Update: Chris Brown is FUCKED!

Police took pictures at the scene of the crime Sunday morning, and they are said to be "horrific."

There is serious swelling and bruising. Rihanna's lip is split and her nose bloody. And, there are indeed bite marks on one of her arms and on several fingers.

Bite marks????

What an animal!!!!

Rihanna claims Chris struck her with his fists and that's what did the damage.

RiRi refused treatment at the scene but did go to the hospital later on Sunday.

Even if she does not cooperate with authorities, the photos alone are said to be "devastating proof of abuse."

Oh, and it was not Rihanna who called 911. Someone in the area heard her screams and called. Thank God for that!

~PerezHilton.

his stuff is usually semi-credible.

14. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

conne, now we can ride the rihanna train!
    [​IMG] Wer2kop

15. robbie

robbie Senior member

I am sad that this is getting more attention that the countless domestic disturbance and spousal abuse calls made nation-wade on a day-to-day basis.

A guy hit a girl and is suffering the consequences.

Assault is a crime yes, but crime happens. Punish him, keep it out of the media and let both parties react to the consequences of this altercation.

16. gdl203

gdl203 Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

On the contrary, this kind of incident does bring attention to the greater issue.

17. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I am sad that this is getting more attention that the countless domestic disturbance and spousal abuse calls made nation-wade on a day-to-day basis. A guy hit a girl and is suffering the consequences. Assault is a crime yes, but crime happens. Punish him, keep it out of the media and let both parties react to the consequences of this altercation.
    [​IMG] OK Mr. Self-Righteous. They're celebrities, what do you expect.

18. Lel

Lel Senior member

I am sad that this is getting more attention that the countless domestic disturbance and spousal abuse calls made nation-wade on a day-to-day basis.

No what's sad is that issues such as "Christian Bale yells at someone" and "Michael Phelps smokes a bong" gets more attention than both this and the other countless domestic disturbance issues.

19. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

No what's sad is that issues such as "Christian Bale yells at someone" and "Michael Phelps smokes a bong" gets more attention than both this and the other countless domestic disturbance issues.

Hey, we simple folk like seeing the mighty fall and feel a little bit better about ourselves.

20. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

On the contrary, this kind of incident does bring attention to the greater issue.

true, and I say let the hammer fall hard on this guy. if a would-be wife/gf beater learns from this story then it has served its purpose imho.