Chris Brown assaults Rihanna, looking at 9 years

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Connemara, Feb 9, 2009.

1. mr monty

mr monty Senior member

I wonder what a hot chick like that could have said to get punched in the face?

Or did or didn't do?[​IMG]

2. cchen

cchen Senior member

3. whacked

whacked Senior member

I feel sorry for chris, already lost the Doublemint sponsorship. damn.
    While it might not be politically correct, i would much rather take a punch in the face than a hit to my career.
    He must be feeling very stupid. Still though, he definitely won't get 9 years.

[​IMG]

4. blackplatano

blackplatano Senior member

I dont feel sorry for him at all. He is a low class thug who punches women in the face. The biting thing cant be described as low class. Its just bizarre and creepy. A man biting someone? Thats the kind of visceral weirdness you would expect of a Ted Bundy type.

Get of your moral high horse and put yourself in his position. It could happen to anyone. I'm sure there are things you have done that you never expected to.

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Get of your moral high horse and put yourself in his position. It could happen to anyone. I'm sure there are things you have done that you never expected to.

Are you saying that punching a woman doesn't make him low class? Or a piece of shit? Give me a break.

6. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

What an idiot.

She's hawt and no he's never tapping that again.

Idiot.

Quoted for truth.

7. blackplatano

Are you saying that punching a woman doesn't make him low class? Or a piece of shit? Give me a break.

I'm saying that all you, me included, don't know anything about the situation and could even find yourself in a similar position (i.e fucking up your career). people do stupid things and if the Herpes rumor is true, then we can rest assured that many of the same man here would do way more damage. I'm not condoning his actions but neither am I calling him the devil. He is a 19 year old who lost his temper for unknown reasons.

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

I'm saying that all you, me included, don't know anything about the situation and could even find yourself in a similar position (i.e fucking up your career). people do stupid things and if the Herpes rumor is true, then we can rest assured that many of the same man here would do way more damage. I'm not condoning his actions but neither am I calling him the devil. He is a 19 year old who lost his temper for unknown reasons.

We know he hit her, which in my mind is enough to call him a piece of shit.
    To me, it doesn't matter if other people have done worse or would do worse. It just makes them bigger pieces of shit. It sucks for him that this may have fucked up his career, but I feel nothing even close to sympathy for someone who does things like this.

9. Recoil

Recoil Senior member

I know celebrities never go to jail when they hurt regular people, but celebrity on celebrity violence is different... I'm interested to see how this plays out.

10. blackplatano

We know he hit her, which in my mind is enough to call him a piece of shit.
    To me, it doesn't matter if other people have done worse or would do worse. It just makes them bigger pieces of shit. It sucks for him that this may have fucked up his career, but I feel nothing even close to sympathy for someone who does things like this.

Maybe it's a point of view I have gained through religion, but I believe you and I are not any better than him or above ever committing his actions. The opposite would be to say that you and I are morally superior to him and incapable of ever punching a woman. That to me is false and therefore limits our ability to judge. What the man did is a bad thing, no one is debating that, I just believe that unless you are incapable of making mistakes you should not be so extreme as to suggest that he deserves no sympathy for ruining his career because of a quick mistake who's consequence he did not foresee.

11. suited

suited Senior member

For all we know she attacked him and he "hit" her by defending himself. If a guy even pushes a girl away that's attacking him he's always accused of "hitting" her. Nobody knows what happened for sure at this time.

12. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

What an idiot.

She's hawt and no he's never tapping that again.

Idiot.

West Indian women are amazingly tolerant. He better hope she isn't too Americanized.

13. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Maybe it's a point of view I have gained through religion, but I believe you and I are not any better than him or above ever committing his actions. The opposite would be to say that you and I are morally superior to him and incapable of ever punching a woman. That to me is false and therefore limits our ability to judge. What the man did is a bad thing, no one is debating that, I just believe that unless you are incapable of making mistakes you should not be so extreme as to suggest that he deserves no sympathy for ruining his career because of a quick mistake who's consequence he did not foresee.

HE BIT AND PUNCHED A WOMAN.

So no one should ever be judged on anything they ever do if it was a rash decision? The bottom line is that good people don't hit those weaker than them unless it's self-defense.

And ask yourself an honest question, would you be spouting this relatavistic bullshit if we were talking about Garth Brooks?

14. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

HE BIT AND PUNCHED A WOMAN.

He is a faggot, and not in the gay sense. I do hope he gets some jail time, although I am sure charges won't be pressed, then he could spend some time biting pillows.

Someone should get Young Berg to kick his ass.

15. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

conne, now we can ride the rihanna train!