• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chris Brown assaults Rihanna, looking at 9 years

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Apparently they now got married secretly...
plain.gif

Did he wear a wifebeater to the wedding?
peepwall[1].gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you think of it, as sick as it may be, a pre-nup contract is not a bad place to lock her in with enough incentives that she reconsiders her testimony in court, or even pressing charges altogether...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
When you think of it, as sick as it may be, a pre-nup contract is not a bad place to lock her in with enough incentives that she reconsiders her testimony in court, or even pressing charges altogether...

I think she's good enough at making money on her own that she doesn't need his..

chrome_dout

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Did he wear a wifebeater to the wedding?
peepwall[1].gif

crackup[1].gif

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
I think she's good enough at making money on her own that she doesn't need his..

I think she pulls in more than CB, being on Jay-Z's label and all. If only she had 1/10 the common sense as she has money....

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right... Everyone knows that summer hit pop star is a fantastic long-term career for a twentysomething...

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Right... Everyone knows that summer hit pop star is a fantastic long-term career for a twentysomething...

Ummm - Rihanna is more than a one-hit wonder.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
Ummm - Rihanna is more than a one-hit wonder.
Could be. We'll revisit this thought in a couple of years when she engages in a food fight in the hot tub with James Blunt and Soulja Boy on The Surreal Life

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could be. We'll revisit this thought in a couple of years when she engages in a food fight in the hot tub with James Blunt and Soulja Boy on The Surreal Life

qft
laugh.gif

JesseJB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda makes me sick that it seems like Chris Brown has gotten even more popular because of this. Like the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards thing and the fact that I'm hearing his music and remixes played in stores a lot more and radio station party busses are blasting his music throughout the city all day...

The fact that he hasn't been ostracised and has been further embraced makes me think our society is much further behind when it comes to this issue than I thought. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that beating up your girlfriend is something that is practically a good thing and a great way to get her to stick with you.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JesseJB
Kinda makes me sick that it seems like Chris Brown has gotten even more popular because of this. Like the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards thing and the fact that I'm hearing his music and remixes played in stores a lot more and radio station party busses are blasting his music throughout the city all day...

The fact that he hasn't been ostracised and has been further embraced makes me think our society is much further behind when it comes to this issue than I thought. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that beating up your girlfriend is something that is practically a good thing and a great way to get her to stick with you.

I heard people on a call-in show voicing support and trying to make excuses for him. I found this disturbing for there is no justification for him doing what he did to her, even if she did give him an STD.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
the people saying that she deserves what she gets because she's back with him are almost as ******* stupid as those justifying his actions.

also tycoon I would ban you if I was a mod

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

she has already had several hits even before "umbrella" so she simply isn't a one hit wonder.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
the people saying that she deserves what she gets because she's back with him are almost as ******* stupid as those justifying his actions.

also tycoon I would ban you if I was a mod

Teger, you would ban almost everyone if you were a mod. You are not real tolerant of opinions that dont march in lockstep with your own, or havent you noticed?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been a bit curious about the ambivalent African-American reaction to this event.

The African-Americans I've talked to about the issue are not particularly condemning of Mr. Brown. A typical reaction: "We don't know what happened in that car. Nobody besides Chris Brown and Rihanna know what happened in that car. It's pointless to speculate about what might have happened." Generally followed with the usual polite disclaimers. Blackplatano's response early in this very thread is another example.

I am probably stepping into a hornet's nest even wondering aloud why that may be, but I'll go ahead and do it anyways. Is it because of a cultural difference, e.g. domestic violence is not as detested in certain cultures? (My own belief is that we have reached something of a fever-pitch on this issue in America.) Is it because of a general distrust in policing that makes any of these accusations ring false? Is it because of a (I think somewhat justifiable) belief that white America loves to see another black pop star going down, and confirming perhaps some prejudices they hold just under the surface?

Or is it just that my experiences have been with the wrong people?

lance konami

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you guys may have been trolled by Tycoon. At least I hope.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads