• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chore Jacket Recommendations

donny5

Reaction score
Hi

I am really in the mood for a chore jacket and I'm not entirely sure why! I have picked up a handful denim jackets over winter that I haven't even worn yet so I guess it is to transition between winter coats and lighter denim and suede jackets.

I am wondering what brands to look out for. To give a bit of detail, I am looking for something that will hold up in the park with my kids, still smart enough to wear for a quick lunch or coffee, that kind of thing. I also like a deep olive/green/khaki colour as I have a million jackets in navy/blue and a few in sand/camel too.

I like the look of this and the brand collab meets the rugged/smart criteria but I know the collab was met with some disdain in amongst many.

ad5fe5d3aa09e03cfca554f18700bb7c.jpg

I also stumbled upon this one from J. Crew's Wallace and Barnes label. Looks good but I know nothing of this label at all. Cord appeals though, just to add a bit of texture to my rotation.

AQ428_WZ0287_m.jpg

Budget could run to about £250 ($355) - I am hoping that gives me options.

I wouldn't rule out something a bit more technical either, I have seen a few Stone Island overshirts that pretty much look like they could do the job of a chore jacket.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

donny5

Reaction score
Thanks fellas, couple of really good shouts there, 1 from each side of the pond too.

Can't say I've heard of Old Town but had a good look at their site, seems like really authentic stuff! And the fabric/colour options is a nice touch.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The LL Bean Field Jacket might fill the bill. It's a pretty classic look.

187059_888_41.jpeg

Chambray_1

Reaction score
I have the Taylor Stitch Ojai in olive. I wear it all the time in the spring and fall, and the cotton sateen ages nice.
Screenshot 2021-02-25 090150.png

donny5

Reaction score
Really like that TS above! 70 bucks shipping to UK might sting a bit though.

Looks ideal though and liking what I'm reading about the brand/quality.

Might circle back to it.

donny5

Reaction score
These SI Ghost over shirts are at some knock down prices just now. Am I deluded to think an overshirt can do the job of a Chore?

MOSI0013A_1.jpg

60417316_l_a1.jpg

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I have the Taylor Stitch Ojai in olive. I wear it all the time in the spring and fall, and the cotton sateen ages nice. View attachment 1562352
I have one of those. I got it revently so have not worn it much yet. The Revive Club ships from Italy and stocks TS, and can order specific items for you. I have a La paz chore jacket I like. The other classic is Le Laboureur.

Also look at Epaulet Brand's Doyle's.

They are sold here and on ebay every now and again too.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have this in black from NMWA. It's not so dear that I freak out when my toddler gets it muddy.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Virtually every brand is producing some sort of chore jacket these days. You may get overwhelmed with suggestions as a result.

Best advice is to pick one from one of your favorite brands. Odds are good they will offer a chore coat. This way you will select something that fits your style and budget.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bunch of coats, jackets, and overshirts on sale here:

Last edited:

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got this De Bonne Facture at NMWA last Fall and wore it extensively. About to break it out again as it's warming up.

1614282539645.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics