• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Choosing between these two briefcases

ProfessorShak

Reaction score
I'm stuck between choosing these two. I went to a store in NYC which has both of them did a side by side.

http://www.jackgeorges.com/products/...ip-88-108.html
The Sienna has a much better feel for the leather which is more sturdy and the inside is suede. The handles are also retractable. The downside is that it's a double gusset and not on the minimalist side. I can get one from eBay in for $300 after tax and shipping

http://www.jackgeorges.com/products/...zip-66-33.html
The Platinum has a MUCH softer steerhide leather. A single gusset with balistic lining and non-retractable handles. $245

Cost isn't a concern but I do want a good briefcase that will last me a WHILE and still look great.
Also Which color would be better suited for business attire but not neccessarily for a lawyer?

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the sienna. But htey are both great.

Color depens. Up to now I would prefer black, but only because I am not experienced in colors.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cost isn't a concern but I do want a good briefcase that will last me a WHILE and still look great. Also Which color would be better suited for business attire but not neccessarily for a lawyer?[/QUOTE said:
Buy the one you prefer then - you will be using it, no one on this Board will ever see it.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They both look good. I prefer brown briefcases.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I prefer brown briefcases.
Me, too. I have both black and brown briefcases, as I have both black and brown shoes. However, I tend to wear brown shoes far more frequently and thus the brown briefcase has received more wear. Thankfully, mine is developing a lovely patina and should continue to age well. I prefer the styling of the Platinum, as I don't like retractable handles. I see that you can get the Platinum in brown, too. If you're looking for any other suggestions, I really like this style: http://www.jackgeorges.com/products/...ck-123-66.html

bmulford

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go with the darker of the two - but I have to say this: I have two JG briefcases, and they're decidedly middle of the road at best. For $400 I think you may be able to get something a bit nicer.

Aspinal has belting leather in that price range, which Ive seen in person and can say is nicer.

$400 on ebay will get you a canali, or new ferragamo scotch grain briefcase which will be leagues better.

Or check out maxwell scott's offerings online.

Just a thought!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%