• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Choosing a patch color and a patch maker

abrocketsfan

Reaction score
I've got a dark brown crewneck sweater that's got a small hole in the elbow, so I've decided to patch the elbows. I'm looking for some high quality elbow patches in a suitable color, and found this: http://www.domesticleather.com/Data_...PatchStock.htm The suede lambskin patches seem interesting and they have a lot of colors available; any opinions on this manufacturer or any recommendations on a manufacturer or color? I'd like to get some variation of brown but the've got over a dozen to choose from so it's a bit difficult, some advice would help steer my decision making, thanks!

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
i thought you were looking for eye patch makers....arrrrgghhh matey

Bane

Reaction score
Ever settle on elbow patches? Looking to have a tailor add a set to a thick, outerwear grandpa sweater as well as a tweed blazer.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A friend of mine has this done. He found some random ass website ordered suede and took it to a dry cleane to sew on. Has worked well for him. I don't think you have to put too much thought into it, but I would recommend asking a dry cleaner what to use because if you get a leather that is too fragile or whatever washing it will be an issue.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.