• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chisel Toe: One For The Ages?

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just read the thread on the.chikor's new Cleverly's.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=94771.
Lovely shoes!

Earlier today, I passed on a very lightly used (very inexpensive) pair of Tramezza brogues...because they had square toes.

I fought off the urge to post this question in the Cleverly thread, as I don't want to rain on the.chikor's parade, but I've got to ask...are today's heavily chiseled toes going to look as dated in 2015 as a pair of square toed Tramezzas do today? If not, what will save them?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they're as extreme as square toed shoes TBH.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends on the amount of square, but yes it is completely possible that the 888s, the 808s, the 337s will look dated at some as-yet-undetermined future time. I think they will last far longer than 4 years but I could be wrong.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think style is a personal thing. I couldn't care less what the "look" is in 2015. It could very well be the case that my own taste in shoes changes, and the blobulous round-toed shoes I don't care for now might be what I like in the future. But whether my shoes of today become "dated" by other standards would be irrelevant to me.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
888s look a little weird to me right now. Now, I do not own an 888, and I still plan to get one to see how well I like them long-term, but that's the feeling I get from pictures. Also, if you see the new lasts being designed, they are concentrating on the round or the point, such as the 350, 351, etc. There are no new chisels that I recall. Just a small but noticeable shift in the manufacturers. Also, it seems like Alden is more popular than ever, and they are as round as they come.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chisel toes on chelsea boots will never date, IMO. On low shoes ...... yes, quite possibly.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
888s look a little weird to me right now. Now, I do not own an 888, and I still plan to get one to see how well I like them long-term, but that's the feeling I get from pictures. Also, if you see the new lasts being designed, they are concentrating on the round or the point, such as the 350, 351, etc. There are no new chisels that I recall. Just a small but noticeable shift in the manufacturers. Also, it seems like Alden is more popular than ever, and they are as round as they come.

Lets not forget the 358 though..
inlove.gif

bury_19b_face.jpg

elvaston_11b_-_face2_(1).jpg

fenton_14p.jpg

sanrensho

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonylumpkin
I just read the thread on the.chikor's new Cleverly's.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=94771.
Lovely shoes!

Earlier today, I passed on a very lightly used (very inexpensive) pair of Tramezza brogues...because they had square toes.

I fought off the urge to post this question in the Cleverly thread, as I don't want to rain on the.chikor's parade, but I've got to ask...are today's heavily chiseled toes going to look as dated in 2015 as a pair of square toed Tramezzas do today? If not, what will save them?

Funny you should bring this up...yesterday on the train I saw someone wearing a pair that looked exactly like these:

http://www.styleforum.net/attachment...5&d=1230278299

The really caught my eye because they were well polished..then I happened to notice the chisel toes..it actually was not a really "strong" trendy look. Anyway, I thought they looked very sharp with the charcoal suit he was wearing.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I prefer Cleverley's chisel toe to any chisel toe out there. While there are a lot of well dressed folks in beautiful shoes out there, the ones wearing a truly beautiful chisel toe are few and far between. They aren't always crowd pleasers but they are distinctive and very sophisticated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads