1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Chippewa 20065 Classic Boot

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by burgerkong, Dec 1, 2011.

1. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

I agree, they look great. Let us know what the answer is. I've asked multiple times on their Facebook page but got no answer.

2. dijon

dijon Well-Known Member

where were you able to buy these laces and at what length?

both of them look great, almost looks like different boots

3. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

I was told Wolverine sent out replacement laces, you can try that for yourself. As for the leather laces, Tandy carries 5/32" tan latigo lace (either on card or in a spool).

4. Jawsh

Jawsh Member

I just heard back from them, and it's bad news:

"The boots viewed on the website were actually boots that were a made up specifically for an overseas retailer and are not available in the US. However, if you view JCrew’s catalog, you will see similar boots in their line."

I've seen the boots on the JCrew site, and they only have a really dark brown 6" version that doesn't really look like the boots in that picture. Not to mention they're marked up 50%. Oh well, I think I"ll just be going with Redwing Beckmans.

5. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

That sucks. I'm kinda sick and tired of asian and euro markets getting the better of the heritage stuff. Guess Americana isn't valued in America :(

Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  6. timjerry

timjerry New Member

I ordered myself a pair of these 20065 Chips from workingperson.com, and LOVE them. I don't know what anyonse else's experience is with workingperson, but I will NEVER order from them ever again. The boots were shown as in stock, but after my card was charged they told me they would drop ship. I never received shipment notification and tried to contact them every day for 7 days and never was able to speak with anyone. I also wrote them 3 emails, non of which were responded to. My boots did indeed drop ship, but the customer service at workingperson is non existant.

As for the boots, they are fantastic. I sized down 1/2 size and the fit is perfect. The break in is going to be a little tough...the footbed feels great but the upper, particularly around the cuff of the boot is slightly uncomfortable. I think I may try to find some of those leather laces that you found kong, they look great!

7. RexdaleTdot

RexdaleTdot Member

So with the lack of winter were having so far. What is you initial impression with how worm they are and how dry they are keeping your feet. I'm local like you so I just want to know, you went to VM how was there service? I bought some wolverine pull on boots there, and they got me the boots but new nothing about what they are selling. These look like the right place to start with my addiction at least for now and the price is right.

8. Curious_George

Curious_George Senior member

There's all sorts of awesome Chippewa models in Japan, it's ridiculous. I found a bunch just digging through Amazon Japan.

for example
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/チペワ-CHIPPEWA-PLAIN-BOOT/dp/B002KG015Q
    and
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/チペワ-CHIPPEW...6O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_shoes_2/376-7612919-1173830

and my favorite pair that actually make me sad I can't purchase,

[​IMG]

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/flisco/chippewa-97060/

Why Chippewa, why?

9. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Mother f*cker! Those look awesome and I want them. Why won't Chipp take my money?

10. Jawsh

Jawsh Member

Those are pretty slick looking boots, but wow, 36,000 yen is over $460. I'd take a pair of Alden Indy boots at that price. Thankfully this winter has been dry that I can hold off on boots till next year.

11. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

I actually bought them online from the US Bass Pro since it wasn't available in store. I'd say they take around a week to break in and are wonderfully comfortable now. I still haven't conditioned them so they are getting a few scuffs on the toe boxes and there are creases but so far so good.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  12. RexdaleTdot

RexdaleTdot Member

That's good to know the break in is quick but shitty on the not being in store ill have to go and have a look just for the hell of it. Thanks for the response.

13. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

Will post a few one month-ish pics soon prior to cleaning off the salt and grime from waking outdoors etc.

Brendan

14. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

Some crappy iPhone pics (colour is not accurate):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Haven't decided what protectant I want to use yet. However, for the record, I have not had water seep in, either from rain, slush, snow or puddles on the ground, so it's fairly water resistant for walking around. If I was slugging through a wet field for long periods of time, I can see my feet getting soaked, but for around the town pursuits, work environments they work great. I am wearing some Kirkland merino hikers which provide the right amount of cushioning IMO.

Brendan

Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  15. RexdaleTdot

RexdaleTdot Member

They Look great don't down play the iPhone shots. So they have all this colour and darkening from just wear and no conditioning or mink oil. I have to say they look like a good start.

16. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

Here are better quality pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brendan

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  17. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

Just got some Lexol cleaner, will do them up for a wedding reception tomorrow. Going with light khaki chinos and a light blue striped shirt. These round the outfit perfectly.

Brendan

18. burgerkong

burgerkong Senior member

[​IMG]

Left: What happens after a good bout with Lexol and Obenauf's.
    Right: Poor dirty, dried out and creased to hell boots, think I need some shoe trees...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slight burnishing on the toes, probably will lighten up after some wear, a true chocolate brown IMO.

Brendan

19. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

20. unrooted

unrooted Senior member

Rodeo Tan

[​IMG]

Chocolate Brown

[​IMG]

I wear a size 13, typically I wear Jeans or British Khaki colored canvas pants when I need to go out in the "field"

It is SUPER DUSTY where I live, so the rodeo tan is almost an exact match to the color of the dust they will be covered in, but I typically prefer darker colored boots. I currently am wearing dark brown Thorogood Moc toes with the white wedge in a chocolate brown that looks very similar to the chippewas chocolate, so the Rodeo Tan would be a different color than anything I already have.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2013